Things you'll do differently next year?

Guest markeee

For me I might try and get a tipi or something ..really sick of lugging everything with me

the only thing I don't like is having to go through the main entrance every time you exit/enter - surely means more chance I lose my pass out if you even need 1?

perhaps try more food..everyone always talks about all the different food..but I'm so fussy I endup just having crap burger and chips time and time again!!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd do crafts on Wednesday and store them in the lockups and head up to the rabbit hole earlier. I also would go to Shangri-La on Thursday then avoid and spent my time in The Common/Block 9. It was my first Glastonbury and it wasn't about the music at all for me which was nice but we didn't really know where to go first and what to do in what order so ended up hashing it up a bit/arriving late/missing things or walking up to huge queue's. Would also give Arcadia another go as we walked past and blamed FBS for having a shit set which I now realise was just poor sound/us being too far away.

Nothing, for the first time ever(10 years) I felt like I had the perfect amount of stuff, very easy to carry to the campsite, but still had everything I needed.

Also managing to track down a big length of the fabric photographers use to make bounce boards was a revelation covered my tent compleatly and it stayed it cool all day. fri/sat/sun didn't get back till gone 6am each morning and I could happily sleep till 11am without being boiled out of my tent.

The bonus of using the fabric was that there was none of the rustle you get from space blankets.

Edited by fur_q

I might actually stop thinking I have to visit everywhere one year! Will probably avoid Silver Hayes unless there's an act I really want to see. And (sacrilege I know) the Green Fields just aren't doing much for me any more. I feel like a tourist, a voyeur and it's not really a good reason to go there. And it's all a bit samey now. Although I'll probably go and sit in Small World for a bit at some point...

Not camp near the Silver Hayes/Other Stage junction again. It used to be so good for the toilets, fresh water and lock ups but now its just like Reading full of snapbacks and clone girls who think its amazing shout 'Alan!'

For my first glasto overall quite happy with all i managed to see & do although 2 things:

Going to do the rabbit hole & spend an evening in the Downlow , my main regret is not doing the Downlow , especially as had been talking about it prior too arriving & im back into disco these days.

q was usually too big & I was easily distracted with it being my first glasto, will correct that next time.

Make sure that I don't make a spectacular fuck up on the alcohol front, like I did this year. I brought a tray of decent ciders and a large 20 litre box of what turned out to be piss poor cider. I had to leave the contents of this box alone, so this meant I had to keep going to bars to get drinks to bring back to the tent area.

Make sure that I don't make a spectacular fuck up on the alcohol front, like I did this year. I brought a tray of decent ciders and a large 20 litre box of what turned out to be piss poor cider. I had to leave the contents of this box alone, so this meant I had to keep going to bars to get drinks to bring back to the tent area.

Bringing two of them four wheeled garden trolleys between our group, more food and disposable bbq (cba walking to stalls in morning for something to eat) oh and bring more rum.

also going to spend a fair few hours in the heading/green fields on Thursday day, and try to get a power nap in wednesday day so I last longer in the night

No whiskey - lovely, but can't do it days on end.

Better power solution for the beacon, solar charger i think!

Check portable power packs properly before taking them and finding out they were duds.

Zip up windproof hoodie thing.

That's about it - this year seemed to go really smoothly and my packing seemed lighter than ever. I think it was only 13kg without tent which went on a trolley with everyone else's. Didn't use some of the clothes but would never remove them out of the mud/glastoenteritis-fear.

I feel like I did so much this year, I only really copped out and stayed in the tent during the rain.

That said I want to see more of the naughty corner nightlife. Went there quite a few times, but would get sucked in to wherever we ended up and dance for hours and then go to the stone circle. Never went under the waterfall, or in the common arena, or in heaven, or to any of the unfairground stuff. So much of it had queues that I guess it's impossible to see it all, but still, I feel quite gutted looking back!