The Friday Night West Holts club thread

Guest BlackHole2006

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had to youtube them as I've never heard of them before,were all singing of the same hymn sheet so I'm interested.

The music sounds great,right up my street but then he started singing,oh dear,bit of a let down to be honest,kinda ruined it for me.

Unless you guys could recommend a few songs to listen to,I YT'd China cat and help on they way

Any others to sway me?

Long time since I’ve posted on here (don't know why?)

But I like the sound of this thread - I've done the west holts/Jazz world on a Friday night for the past 10 years or more. And long may this tradition continue I say. So I’m defo up for any appreciation club...

The Family Stone were V cool for anyone who missed them - I had proper old boogie.

Saw "Mutilated Lips" when they played Outside Lands.

Reminds me of another band I saw there - Robert Randolph and the Family. Would be URGENT AND KEY on the West Holts stage. Best pedal steel guitar player I've ever heard... made it sound like Hendrix.

Ween are one of the alltime great American bands. From the comments Mickey made online however things don't look great in the short term for a thaw on the current frosty relationship. Most of it is that unspoken and confusing animosity between the closest of pals that no one else can understand or grasp.

See: Lennon/McCartney.

Ween are probably one of my favorite bands at the moment, they've been my 'go to' band when I've had nothing else less to listen to and I've spent many happy hours listening to their tunes. I guess I just love the fact that their songs are not over sensitive or too serious, just good honest fun and brilliant musicianship. Really hope they make amends to their broken friendship...

Whenever I hear someone say they love Ween, or the Grateful Dead for that matter, I immediately think that person listens to too much music.

:D

Honestly, these bands are a refuge and offer succour to the addled-ear.