V Festival 2013 - Top Ten Acts You Have To Witness!

Guest HOLYFIRE

I know there's similar topics asking the same kind of question but now we're all familiar with the acts who are your top 10 'ones to watch'?

There's a few articles online highlighting some artists that in their opinion are not to be missed. They can be found here:

http://metro.co.uk/2013/08/11/v-festival-2013-top-ten-acts-to-watch-3919492/

http://www.acousticmagazine.com/2013/07/23/the-best-guitar-bands-at-this-years-v-festival/

Here's my top 10 'ones to watch'...

1. Beyonce (Cliché, I know but I remember watching her Glastonbury performance and I was blown away and I can see why she's a worthy headliner for any festival)

2. Stereophonics

3. Benjamin Francis Leftwich (If you're still pissed off that Beyonce hasn't dropped out and you fancy something more laid back from a very talented and down to earth musician who has blossomed his own melancholic brand of mellow, captivating and respectable acoustic folk, then this is your man. If your fans of Jose Gonzalez, Bruce Springsteen or City and Colour, he is a must watch! I'm genuinely gutted he clashes with Beyonce.

4. Two Door Cinema Club (If you've still not fallen love sick with TDCC's high speed indie jitter pop then your best taking your chances elsewhere)

5. The Courteeners

6. James (Every time 'Laid' or 'Sit Down' gets played in a bar everyone jumps on the tables and jives and sings along so I'm guessing it only gets better in a field full of mud with thousands of people getting their dance on)

7. Jaguar Skills

8. The Heavy (Influenced by Funk, Soul and gritty garage rock, topped with Price styled vocals and chest stomping percussion, The Heavy are one of a kind at V Festival. Their music is featured in many films and they played on David Letterman's show and out of the thousands of bands that have played on there, they have been the only one's in history to be asked to perform an encore. Definitely a band not to be overlooked)

9. Calvin Harris

10. Exit Calm (A new up and coming band who have been praised by Richard Ashcroft from the Verve and Liam Gallagher who's had them round playing his after show parties. There's not a better way to start the day off with these guys, unless your into The Saturdays miming)

Edited by HOLYFIRE

I would go with (not listing reasons):

1. Ocean Colour Scene

2. The Courteeners

3. Basement Jaxx

4. Lianne La Havas

5. The Vaccines

6. Rudimental

7. Jaguar Skills

8. Seasick Steve

9. Two Door Cinema Club

10. Everything Everything

I hoping to see about 9 of these!!!!

1) Basement Jaxx

2) The Courteeners

3) Lissie

4) Seasick Steve

5) Jason Mraz

6) Two Door Cinema Club

7) The Vaccines

8) Nina Nesbitt

9) Fun

10) Katy B

Only one stage headliner worth going specifically to see and Jaxx are so good live and the tent will be absolutely buzzing on Sunday night.

Courteeners, Vaccines + Two Door just bring it and crowd will love to see bands that V was initially created for.

Have seen Lissie Maurus 3 times already and if nothing else her set at Hard Rock Calling this year would have been enough to win anybody over: great voice, great energy and just looks like she is always having fun on stage.

Seasick Steve because he is SEASICK STEVE

Mraz because he will be perfect for a nice chilled out Sunday afternoon sing song

Nina Nesbitt, great little voice and guitarist, really talented Scottish songwriter likely to do big things and a great chance to see her in the Arena really early on with not much else worth seeing

Fun. won two of the 4 general Grammy's this year must be enough to be worth a watch on this alone

Katy B (chosen as my 10th in a close thought over Ellie Goulding and Ocean Colour Scene) great energy, great voice and that tent will be mental for her!

Just my thoughts, so don't shoot me!

Going to Leeds but would be:

1) Two door cinema club

2) James

3) maximo park

4) stereophonics

5) ocean colour scene

6) Paloma faith

7) beyonce

8) travis

9) the fratellis

10) the pigeon detectives

In no particular order. Im not sure about the set times and i know a few clash. Really struggled to get to 10 really. The Saturday isn't too bad as far as v goes but the Sunday is horrendous.

Beyoncé - not really necessary to explain why here.
Jessie J - she's my babe.
Emeli Sande - if only because I'll be missing The Ashes by then so I'll want to hear 'Wonder'
Two Door Cinema Club - without a doubt the breakthrough band of the last two years
The Vaccines - not gonna see much 'proper rock' otherwise.
Jamie Cullum - the guy oozes class.
Stereophonics - Local Boy in the Photograph is one of my favourite songs of all time.
Laura Mvula - she's so different, I hope she gets the crowd she deserves despite not being suited to V's demographics at all.
Plus I'd say Monsta and Basement Jaxx if they didn't clash with folks higher on my list.

• 4 months later...