Manics

yehbutnobut

To be fair it was Lauren Laverne that brought it up at the Maida Vale session, whilst talking to JDB, he referred her over to Nicky, who brought up glastonbury.

I am 99% convinced they will play after speaking to all the band later that day.

Fingers crossed

Fair enough. But he's always saying every album will sound like THB and it never does. I don't think I'd even want it to, to be fair.

• Replies 732
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Didn't they say they were going to do an "albums" tour a while ago? Did I completely hallucinate it?

I'm sure there was either talk of it or they actually did it. I'm going back about 10 years here though.

I think if they did one like Suede did it would work tremendously well. That Dog Man Star gig was one of the best I've ever been to. I'd consider all three nights for the Manics.

They reissued 2 disk special editions of them all for their ten year anniversaries. Maybe there was talks then but nowt happened. Can't believe it's twenty years now. I feel so old.

Just talks then. I feel relieved because I would have been beyond gutted to have missed that. They did that singles gig didn't they?

This thread is making me feel old as well :(

I hope they didn't do them anyway! That singles gig tempted me, but it was in the soulless o2 which would have meant travel costs. Plus cleverly they didn't do them in any kind of order. Which kind of tells me they know their fans are split now. You'd have had a mass exodus at half time.

MarrnaMarrmapde. I'm gonna try and pass that word off as the shit intro to so why so sad.

:D That word is probably better than the whole content of the song.

Exactly why they did it in a random order, I guess. Some friends of mine went but I would only have gone if I could have left after the Everything Must Go singles.

I'm a horrible person. I heard them chatting on the radio and I still love them so much. Gah.

But then you would have missed masters against the classes.

Or even Masses Against The Classes. True.

I think Nicky Wire is kind of brilliant in a way. The key is not to take him too seriously. He's no lyricist though.

By the way, considering they've played Glastonbury again after Nicky Wire said "They should build a couple of flyovers over this s*ithole", doesn't that kind of make the oft-quoted reasons why Arcade Fire won't come back seem les valid? Just a thought.

Can't say I've ever given the lyrics to Tsunami much thought. Which is odd for me as I am quite into my lyrics.

Okay in 15 minutes time I am going to listen to Peeled Apples. I bet you can't contain your anticipation!

S'alright that. You're right that it's better than anything else they've done in ages. Not a patch on the old stuff though. :P

I'm going to add it to my Amazon wishlist. That doesn't mean I'll buy it any time soon but you can count it as a small victory.

I do feel *slightly* uncomfortable about using someone's lyrics without their permission posthumously (or as good as). But I suppose you could argue that about EMG to an extent. I don't know. It's a weird one.

A pc pyrrhic victory? ]

Ha that went through my mind even as I typed it.

You're probably right on that. I guess I'm just one of those dickheads who idolises Saint Richey in an unrealistic manner (bet you can't believe that given my completely proportionate feelings about certain other artists ;)).

My ipod is refusing to play PCP or Intense Humming Of Evil. Very annoying.

Yeah I can tell by your passion for them that you were there from the start. I reckon I would have been if I was a bit older! I was only 9 when GT came out, sadly. I joined the party at EMG but then spent most of my teenage years listening to the first three albums, reading old interviews, watching videos etc etc. So they have a really special place in my heart.

So go on then, make me jealous. When did you first see them live?

A holy Bible set?

yeah nicky said they wanted to do the holy bible at glasto whilst they were being recorded for the session,

then we met them about 2 hours later at service station, and sean said they had been offered a slot this year but couldnt do it, due to timing issues (being on tour with the british lions) and there are on going talks. all said with a big smile and the odd wink.

The hologram thing, if anyone ACTUALLY said it, they won't have been serious...

I reckon he was taking the piss when he said he wants to do Holy Bible at Glastonbury too..

He did ACTUALLY say it. Heard it with my own ears, so I did. It's probably still available online.

I'm 99.9% sure it was a joke though.

Holy Bible thing I'm not so sure. I think they will want to do it at a gig at least. Surely it's not really their decision for Glastonbury though. Don't the organisers get some say in what kind of set they'll play? It would affect their positioning surely.

PS. It was JDB what said the hologram thing, Nicky who said the Glasto thing.

Edited by RebeccaD

He did ACTUALLY say it. Heard it with my own ears, so I did. It's probably still available online.

I'm 99.9% sure it was a joke though.

Holy Bible thing I'm not so sure. I think they will want to do it at a gig at least. Surely it's not really their decision for Glastonbury though. Don't the organisers get some say in what kind of set they'll play? It would affect their positioning surely.

PS. It was JDB what said the hologram thing, Nicky who said the Glasto thing.

I thought you lot were all on a wind-up about the Holy Bible set thing.... but I've just watched back the 6 Music set, and the Wire definitely said it.... (http://www.bbc.co.uk/events/e43v4f#p01jx4dj)

Wonder if they could get a bypass set built?

have bands ever done full album sets at Glastonbury? let alone ones as un-commercial / not their most mainstream work like The Holy Bible?

if they headline the John Peel then i think that'd work out brilliantly (due to it no doubt being full of big Manics fans anyway if they're willing to miss the other headliners) but if they get a higher Pyramid / Other position then probably not