West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps, but I'd see him in more of an elder statesman slot a la Dr John. He's got the tunes alright, but I just don't see him at the top of the bill.

Yeah good shout. Although he did two hours last night! Really let the handbrake off on a couple of occasions too.

Nice sunny day, early evening listening to those distinctive keys.....

Why would you think so? :blink:

The acts you name (except perhaps Q-Tip?) have had big contemporary albums. The same is not true for Booker T.

His last two albums have won Grammys. He has recorded with The Roots, Drive by Truckers, Neil Young. Great back catalogue too obviously.

Setlist last night was great. Throw in Soul Limbo and we've got ourselves a headliner.

And on to another worthy West Holts act....

1zoafyv.jpg

And actually on a "world music" note, for the yearly Malian act, has Salif Keita ever played?

Edited by The Nal

Booker T was towards the bottom of the Latitude main stage bill last year. Don't suppose there's any links between the slots but it might show that he's not fussy and will take an evening West Holts slot if offered.

Very good it was too. Roasting hot day, ice cold beer, gentle shimmy.

Nice.

Having given it more time and effort I'm now loving the king gizzard and the Lizard wizard.

Maybe the west holts style police will jump on this but I think they'd be great on there. Maybe do a goat and play afternoon west holts and night time on the hell stage.

They also get a big thumbs up from me, and sound like they'd be great live. If they are to play - and they're at Bonnaroo a couple of weeks before - I'd expect Williams Green/low Park more than West Holts.

Surely we're going to get Earth, Wind and Fire this year??

Also, we loved the Daptone Super Soul Revue last year so would definitely like to see more like that.

With this new Mark Ronson album coming out and the last Daft Punk album, I'm thinking Soul & Motown style music may be heading towards making a comeback, which can only be a good thing!!

I thought this must be their first album but just been reading some reviews and it's apparently their fifth!

Williams green would work well I think. I wasn't sure of their popularity to be honest as read a fair few posts about the album when it came out so wondered if they were on an upward curve. I never know about things like this.

If we'd never heard of them before I doubt that too many other folk would have either. Looks like end of last year was their first time over here, and they were playing pretty small venues, eg the 300 capacity Hoxton Bar and Kitchen in London. Sounds like WG size. Though there are 7 of them so who knows if they'd fit on that stage?!

Surely we're going to get Earth, Wind and Fire this year??

Also, we loved the Daptone Super Soul Revue last year so would definitely like to see more like that.

With this new Mark Ronson album coming out and the last Daft Punk album, I'm thinking Soul & Motown style music may be heading towards making a comeback,

which can only be a good thing!!

I so hope you are right. Think West Holts will be the best stage this year