West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bit disappointed with West Holts last year with a few exceptions when compared to the past few excellent years. However, with the range acts of touring I think it will be a strong year, same with the rest of the festival aside from top few acts on Pyramid

Am curious, disappointed with who was billed to play or not impressed with who you saw there? 2 different things, for me I went there for a band, got there early, caught a band I didn't want to see and loved it. It's far and away the best big stage at the festival for variety & quality, it's also surrounded by the best places at the festival. Just my opinion of course :)

Edited by whisty

intrigued, do tell

Ms Jones had been cadging spliffs ("Someone hand me a joint. NOW.") from the front row during her set at Electric Picnic a few years back. She looked pretty bashed by the end of the gig. Halfway through the show by Clinton at about 2am she staggered onstage and Clinton went full on Iggy Pop V Man Size Teddy from No. 73 on her. The "Ewww" from the crowd was audible and palpable.

Edited by Wooderson

Think I stayed for Maggot Brain then left, can't really remember now! Set was ruined by a stupid balloon seller right next to me. Deltron 3030 were the act I'd discounted but stumbled on and really enjoyed, maybe I was lucky. Anyway it's going to be a good year at West Holts I'm sure, with plenty sunshine, strong cider, I use the word cider loosely and great music. Bring it on bookers.

Edited by whisty