West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is there much interest for the cinematic orchestra? Sold out the roundhouse at the end of may. Headliner or subject is reckon.

Ma fleur is a smasher

They're brilliant live, tickets like gold dust as far as I can make out.

someone has told us they're headlining.

I have no idea whether it's really true or not, tho I do have reason to give it more credibility than than info from a random.

Personally, and outside of that, I have a bit of difficulty believing it, just on the basis that it wasn't so long ago that the same act headlined WH.

I have no idea of what day it might be if it happens, tho if i were to do some digging around I could probably pin it to a particular day.

I can see George Clinton playing, as he is touring. Not sure about headlining though? He doesnt sell out academy venues to my knowledge. Having said that I would see him in leeds when he comes through but as its £25 there's no chance I will pay.

Grace Jones would be ace but I'm not sure she will be booked. I hope they surprise me though!

just looked, not even sold out KOKO in london....

its a shame as he is a great artist. probably go down a treat on west holts as there will be loads of people who would see him at a festival but wouldnt pay upwards of £25 in their local soulless venue

i remember he played camp bestival or bestival itself and he plays for about 2 hours?!

it was 2010 he last played and headlined the saturday night, the first year of the name change from jazz world to west holts

Edited by Memory Man

it was 2010 he last played and headlined the saturday night, the first year of the name change from jazz world to west holts

Yeh and Mr Ballooney standing next to me selling one after the other going Phshhhhhh drove me crazy so I walked away to another venue. Hopefully he floated away under a mass of balloons and won't be back.

Fab to see Vintage Trouble back as TBC, also Gregory Porter who I actually quite enjoy <ignores Radio 2 comments>

Missed them last year, so happy to hear a chance of them being back.

• 2 weeks later...

Saw Vintage Trouble the other night, excellent as expected! Real crowd-friendly stuff too, will go down a treat on WH in June.

Have to admit though, I've never actually seen them play a full set... but I'm getting closer :lol: Obviously the first time was the infamous washout at GF last year. Then I thought I'd see them in full, but oddly they came on at 8pm in Bristol, with me turning up at around 20 past so I missed the first few :( Hopefully will catch a full set if I decide to see them in June!

Or maybe I'll stay away, clearly a bad luck charm :lol: :lol:

just looked, not even sold out KOKO in london....

its a shame as he is a great artist. probably go down a treat on west holts as there will be loads of people who would see him at a festival but wouldnt pay upwards of £25 in their local soulless venue

i remember he played camp bestival or bestival itself and he plays for about 2 hours?!

They haven't sold out Koko? What BS, Funkadelic> Led Zeppelin, any day of the week.

George Clinton & the P-Funk Allstars at Hammersmith Odeon in 1988 (I think) was the best gig I have ever been to. Ever. Fact. Have seen him since, many times, including West Holts 2010 and Camp Bestival 2012. Never quite matched up to the first time, but I would be very happy to see him back at G this year.