West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sly isn't involved full stop.

From memory, its the brass section and a keyboardist. The front men do a great job with it though.

I watched them last year over in the sonic tent (not the best place for them). There was a full band and they were tight and funky. Definitely no Sly, but a fair few original members of the Family including the wonderful Cynthia on trumpet.

That has Van Morrison on Acoustic, which makes more sense that Pyramid on the Saturday.

Michael definitely did say he was playing the Saturday on the Pyramid. Although he may just have got that wrong - he did also say he only real deals with headliner specifics.

Edited by strummer77

true after all. :)

Looks like Damian Marley was in the frame for Sunday night, but looks like he has a Paris show now. :(

Yeah, kind of. You'd said George would be there without Funkadelic/Parliament. Though I'm still amazed at this apparent collaboration.

Stoked the Family Stone are going to be there. One of my all-time faves, was gutted to miss them after the (Rolling) Stones in '13. They deserve a good slot after that clash, although they're clearly still proud of their Glasto performance as it's on the front of their website: http://www.thefamilystonemusic.com/

Original members are the drummer Greg Errico and horn section (Cynthia and Jerry, trumpet and sax), they've also got Sly and Cynthia's daughter Phunne on vocals/keyboard/guitar, and some unsurprisingly shit-hot musicians for the rest of the slots.

Intrigued to see the extent of crossover between the two bands, or whether they just play one after the other (or mix up some mini-sets).

True, they're better than a lot of their contemporary landfill lot, but a lot of the neglect is their own fault. Went to see them in William's Green last year (I think) as I'd heard their latest stuff was worth a go and they couldn't be arsed to get out of bed to get there in time.

They were "ill" ....from their hangover :P

Mothership sounds fantastic, great alternative just hoping Hot Chip is wrong some how and they are not headlining the friday :P Otherwise its look like another fine year for West Holts!

Edited by LondonTom