West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Me too. So far it's 2/2 for headliners meeting my approval. As it stands I'll be there both nights.

SFA headlining the Park would sway me though. I still have a feeling something in the Silver Hayes or Glade will get my attention one night

Yeah I want to see SFA too. West Holts and The Park are my two favourite areas. What a great 5 days Glastonbury Festival is :)

where is this from i can't find it?

They tweeted a Efests user on here Emma(I think) saying just for you then confirmed Neneh Cherry, she posted on it on one of these threads, but it seems they have deleted the tweet https://twitter.com/shangrilaglasto/status/588296895530987520. They have also said Annie Nightingale and Hospital Records to different people.

I like the official advice from Bristol Academy for last night's gig :-

"George Clinton & Parliament Funkadelic may perform anything from 1.5 hours to 2.5 hours, sometimes for even longer !"

They started at 7pm and ended at 9.30.......... and that is only as there is a 10pm curfew to clear the building so they can prepare it to be a nightclub.

They would have played all night if they were allowed.

They started at 7pm and ended at 9.30.......... and that is only as there is a 10pm curfew to clear the building so they can prepare it to be a nightclub.

Did Michael Hampton play guitar on Maggot Brain ?

Now add all the great Sly & The Family Stone songs to that mix and think of just how brilliant and vast a pool of songs they have to choose from.

I fancy this Mothership Returns malarkey but have to admit I'm a bit in the dark. is it one big collaborative set and if so how long is it likely to be?

I sort of assumed they'd form one mammoth supergroup performing a mix of Parliament-Funkadelic and Sly & The Family Stone songs, with Clinton filling both his own role and Sly's. Could be wrong but that would seem to make the most sense. No idea about set length, if that's how they're doing it they'll have a hell of a lot of material to pick from!

I sort of assumed they'd form one mammoth supergroup performing a mix of Parliament-Funkadelic and Sly & The Family Stone songs, with Clinton filling both his own role and Sly's. Could be wrong but that would seem to make the most sense. No idea about set length, if that's how they're doing it they'll have a hell of a lot of material to pick from!

Yeah a lot indeed! That's what I was guessing but either way it's an intriguing prospect