West Holts

Supernintendo Chalmers

• Replies 870
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love Tom Waits! And I'm a girl (or I was the last time I checked). Him on West Holts would be too awesome for words and inevitably involve a devastating clash.

Who would dare clash? Surely Abba, Dolly and Outkast would all stop to come along to hear his ramblings?

Apart from bowie. That would literally rip my insides in two. I would spend the weeks previous crying with anxiety. What would I do. I'm getting all het up now thinking about it. And I know it will never happen!

Seriously, what would I do?

Same here, the ultimate example of a clash which would give me sleepless nights.

Course it isn't.

But what would I do?

It's on the same reality level as a time machine, so I'd nip back to pick up Cleopatra, John Lennon and Robert Johnson and go see them both. Job's a good un.

Ah - but what if - right - what if - bear with me - what if Bonzo was there as well?

And Sandy Denny!?

(but not Ian Stewart)

Ah! Probably still Waits. Hes still a very progressive artist creating interesting music and at the peak of his powers when he decides to play live.

And I haven't seen him before.

Anyway hes not happening and theres no sign of a tour from him. Which is ridiculous when you think about the band he assembled for the Bridge School Benefit. Les Claypool, David Hidalgo. :banghead:

Without wishing to gate crash a conversation here :), getting back to the West holts reality, i am really hoping for some good news on the headliners for West Holts this year after just hearing the news over at the Pyramid! Hoping for either EWF or Goerge Benson or simialr to the past couple of years.

Am I missing something with this George Benson enthusiasm? Someone like Al Green I could get on board with, but when i think of Benson all that comes to mind - aside from him playing a bit of guitar for Miles Davis - is Give Me the Night.

Anyone want to give me any pointers?

Seriously? A bit of guitar playing for miles davis and give me the night? Him and rod temperton, plus others, wrote some great songs!

Turn your love around, Breezin, the world is a ghetto, never give up on a good thing, feel like making love, lady love me one more time, gonna love you more and loads more

PLus he played with phil upchurch quite a bit who was/is a great musician

Without wishing to gate crash a conversation here :), getting back to the West holts reality, i am really hoping for some good news on the headliners for West Holts this year after just hearing the news over at the Pyramid! Hoping for either EWF or Goerge Benson or simialr to the past couple of years.

You do say the best things on here would be amazing for EWF , George Benson or BOTH to be there this year. Will have to meet up for a cider this year?

Edited by matthewsdad1968

You do say the best things on here would be amazing for EWF , George Benson or BOTH to be there this year. Will have to meet up for a cider this year?

Cheers :) love too name the place :)

I'll do some digging, but I think I might find it all a little smooth. It doesn't feel far shy of Luther Vandross or Alexander O'Neal or something.

Yeh you could say that, around the same era really but George can erally play that guitar,had as has been mentioned some great tunes and a great voice. Remember seeing him at the Wembley Arena in the 80's and he was great.

I was thinking Hugh Laurie, headline worthy?

Does he play "Where is the lid?" these days?

Being serious, I'm listening to his latest, "Didn't It Rain" and I'm pretty impressed. Enjoyable record so far. I'm not sure that he's well enough known for his music to top the bill, but I could see him 2nd or 3rd from the top. Actually, I could see him popping up on the Pyramid in the afternoon.

I don't think I'd go out of my way to see him, but if I happened to end up in front of a stage while he plays, I expect I'd enjoy the whole set.

Does he play "Where is the lid?" these days?

Being serious, I'm listening to his latest, "Didn't It Rain" and I'm pretty impressed. Enjoyable record so far. I'm not sure that he's well enough known for his music to top the bill, but I could see him 2nd or 3rd from the top. Actually, I could see him popping up on the Pyramid in the afternoon.

I don't think I'd go out of my way to see him, but if I happened to end up in front of a stage while he plays, I expect I'd enjoy the whole set.

I've never seen him and have actually only just bothered listening to him after recently getting back into House (sounds very bad reading that). I have though, really been getting in to his new album and his one from 2011.

I only said headline because last I heard of him live he was doing Manchester apollo which I consider to be a pretty big venue but your probably right. Would love to see him anywhere and thinking about it he would actually work really wel on the pyramid.