Full Predictions

Guest crosswillcastyourshadow

If they manage a Friday night as full of quality as they did in 2013 the rest of the weekend is a bonus, imo.

Pleased to see Placebo getting a mention, I would love for them to play as I have yet to see them live despite being a band who have made music I consistently enjoy throughout their career (not a single bad album in my book). If they were up against AF on the night it would be my toughest decision since 2009.

• Replies 230
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here's my go at it, I don't really have an idea on West Holts though so I left that out.

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Arcade Fire, Florence & the Machine, Stereophonics, Jurassic 5, Miles Kane, The Big Pink, The Strypes, Chas & Dave

Other: Massive Attack, The National, Bastille, Jake Bugg, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, The Naked & Famous, The Fratellis, Pond, TBA

John Peel: Manic Street Preachers, Chvrches, London Grammar, Sleigh Bells, Future of the Left, Polica, The Neighbourhood, Lucy Rose, San Cisco, Dutch Uncles

The Park: The Cribs, Crystal Fighters, Savages, The Tallest Man on Earth, Cyril Hahn, King Krule, Conan Mockasin, The War on Drugs, Marcus Foster

SATURDAY

Pyramid: Elbow, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Madness, Kaiser Chiefs, Labrinth, Cold War Kids, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Mountain Mocha Kilimanjaro

Other: Pixes, Placebo, Julian Casablancas, We are Scientists, Kodaline, Band of Skulls, Twin Atlantic, Royal Blood, Swim Deep

John Peel: Foster the People, Jagwar Ma, Miike Snow, The Temper Trap, Charli XCX, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Temples, Wolf Gang, Wave Machines, By the Rivers

The Park: Neutral Milk Hotel, Warpaint, Anna Calvi, The Strypes, Silversun Pickups, Friends, Admiral Fallow, The Wytches, Fionn Regan

SUNDAY

Pyramid: Radiohead, Franz Ferdinand, Lily Allen, Dolly Parton, Laura Marling, Dexy’s, Summer Camp

Other: The Black Keys, Beady Eye, Klaxons, Haim, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, Parquet Courts, Fidlar, Arcane Roots

John Peel: MGMT, The 1975, Lorde, Drenge, Pulled Apart by Horses, Midlake, Merchandise, The Destroyers, Embers

The Park: Metronomy, John Grant, Deerhunter, Father John Misty, Manchester Orchestra, MO, Royal Blood, The Leisure Society, Brother & Bones

If they manage a Friday night as full of quality as they did in 2013 the rest of the weekend is a bonus, imo.

Pleased to see Placebo getting a mention, I would love for them to play as I have yet to see them live despite being a band who have made music I consistently enjoy throughout their career (not a single bad album in my book). If they were up against AF on the night it would be my toughest decision since 2009.

Yeah I suppose they weren't as big as I was thinking and the time off may have been detrimental to their following. Just was thinking they are similar size to Gorillaz is all. I maybe wrong on that though and I know Gorillaz were a replacement headliner.

Here's my go at it, I don't really have an idea on West Holts though so I left that out.

FRIDAY

Pyramid: Arcade Fire, Florence & the Machine, Stereophonics, Jurassic 5, Miles Kane, The Big Pink, The Strypes, Chas & Dave

Other: Massive Attack, The National, Bastille, Jake Bugg, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, The Naked & Famous, The Fratellis, Pond, TBA

John Peel: Manic Street Preachers, Chvrches, London Grammar, Sleigh Bells, Future of the Left, Polica, The Neighbourhood, Lucy Rose, San Cisco, Dutch Uncles

The Park: The Cribs, Crystal Fighters, Savages, The Tallest Man on Earth, Cyril Hahn, King Krule, Conan Mockasin, The War on Drugs, Marcus Foster

SATURDAY

Pyramid: Elbow, Noel Gallagher’s High Flying Birds, Madness, Kaiser Chiefs, Labrinth, Cold War Kids, Kitty Daisy & Lewis, Mountain Mocha Kilimanjaro

Other: Pixes, Placebo, Julian Casablancas, We are Scientists, Kodaline, Band of Skulls, Twin Atlantic, Royal Blood, Swim Deep

John Peel: Foster the People, Jagwar Ma, Miike Snow, The Temper Trap, Charli XCX, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Temples, Wolf Gang, Wave Machines, By the Rivers

The Park: Neutral Milk Hotel, Warpaint, Anna Calvi, The Strypes, Silversun Pickups, Friends, Admiral Fallow, The Wytches, Fionn Regan

SUNDAY

Pyramid: Radiohead, Franz Ferdinand, Lily Allen, Dolly Parton, Laura Marling, Dexy’s, Summer Camp

Other: The Black Keys, Beady Eye, Klaxons, Haim, The Joy Formidable, Grouplove, Parquet Courts, Fidlar, Arcane Roots

John Peel: MGMT, The 1975, Lorde, Drenge, Pulled Apart by Horses, Midlake, Merchandise, The Destroyers, Embers

The Park: Metronomy, John Grant, Deerhunter, Father John Misty, Manchester Orchestra, MO, Royal Blood, The Leisure Society, Brother & Bones

rubbish

thats not going to be it old son and the manics in the JP tent NO NO NO

rubbish

thats not going to be it old son and the manics in the JP tent NO NO NO

Edited by crosswillcastyourshadow

Just listening to OutKast Hey Ya and I know this song, just haven't really heard the name OutKast before. However I'm really not sure if they are subbing material, possibly too big for West Holts but they strike me as that type of music.

Here's my go at it. Took a couple of days but yeah, might as well. West Holts is a bit all over the place but I gave it a go. Also borrowed Riot Jazz opening the Pyramid from another user because they were cool as hell last year. :P

FRIDAY

Pyramid

Arcade Fire, Pixies, Franz Ferdinand, Bastille, Lorde, Seun Kuti & Fela’s Egypt 80, Passenger, Billy Bragg

Other

Calvin Harris, Rudimental, Ellie Goulding, Placebo, Gogol Bordello, Adam Ant, The Joy Formidable, Morning Parade, Wolf Alice

John Peel

Manic Street Preachers, The 1975, Savages, Peace, Chance The Rapper, Public Service Broadcasting, We Were Promised Jetpacks, Tourist, Arthur Beatrice, Circa Waves, Fat White Family

Park

Laura Marling, Portugal. The Man, Best Coast, Volcano Choir, WHOMADEWHO, I Blame Coco, Sky Ferreira, The Orwells, The Jezabels

West Holts

The Weeknd, Colin Stetson, Jon Hopkins, Roots Manuva, Darkside, Lulu James, Jungle

SATURDAY

Pyramid

Fleetwood Mac, Elbow, Jake Bugg, Haim, MGMT, Kodaline, The Temper Trap, Riot Jazz

Other

Nine Inch Nails, The National, Belle and Sebastian, The Knife, Icona Pop, The Waterboys, Alabama Shakes, Pond, Mø

John Peel

Disclosure, Katy B, Death From Above 1979, Anna Calvi, Palma Violets, DIIV, Temples, Esben and the Witch, Chloe Howl, Wytches, Cheatahs

Park

Klaxons, Band of Skulls, Deerhunter, Jagwar Ma, Connan Mockasin, TOY, Courtney Barnett, Hookworms, Speedy Ortiz

West Holts

Janelle Monae, Bonobo, George Benson, Neko Case, Pusha T, Jessy Lanza, Rhye

SUNDAY

Pyramid

Kasabian, Example, Lily Allen, Dolly Parton, Macklemore and Ryan Lewis, The Strypes, Miles Kane, Omar Souleyman

Other

Massive Attack, Suede, Interpol, The Horrors, Iggy Azalea, British Sea Power, Bill Callahan, Chvrches, San Cisco

John Peel

Lana Del Rey, Major Lazer, London Grammar, Warpaint, Danny Brown, Parquet Courts, Reverend and the Makers, Royal Blood, MONEY, Say Lou Lou, Skinny Girl Diet

Park

Metronomy, Caribou, Devendra Banhart, Kurt Vile and the Violators, Phosphorescent, Merchandise, Luke Sital Singh, Angel Haze, POLICA

West Holts

Earth Wind & Fire, Booker T, Jai Paul, Jamie Cullum, Blood Orange, Zola Jesus, Cold Specks, FKA Twigs

I saw The Manics in a half full NME tent at leeds five years ago, and they're pretty comparable in terms of size. I'd definitely wager them to play John Peel. The last time I saw them at Glastonbury was in '07 and I'm pretty sure they were like forth down the pyramid on the sunday, just before Shirley Bassey.

Their stocks in terms of mainstream appeal have certainly dropped since the late nineties.

They're a favourite of mine though, It'd take someone very special to pull me away from seeing the play the holy bible in full, which they have self confirmed.