HSE still against DF using Balado site

Guest Paul ™

Yeah if the papers are correct (and that's a big if) it looks like the press are being taken to the new location for a press conference tomorrow and they have been told it's less than 30 minutes from Glasgow.

Seems a bit daft to deflect all the headlines from the upcoming festival in 2 weeks to discuss where it will be held next year though.

I forwarded the original docs that were on here in January, including the one which seemed to disappear, to my mate who works at Grangemouth. He sent them on to some H&S folks there for opinion and the overwhelming response was "No concerns". They also mentioned this same pipeline actually runs directly under Aberdeen airport runway, again with no safety concerns.

One of the big plus sides of it moving there is the fact Gleneagles train station just had a few million spent on it so that will make it a bit easier for certain folk to get to the festival next year.

Not seen any pictures of the new site yet. Be interesting to see what it's like next year though.

Looking at the site on Google, quite a few fields that can accomodate the campsite around the area, I'd imagine they'll be fencing around the burn though! I'd imagine the main stage will sit close to where the castle is and we will be down that, Radio 1 stage, King tuts/slam/tbreak/introducing tents as alternative stages like this year.

Edit: main stage area, doesnt look bad apart from some of the placing of some trees

HSE demands seem to be the main reasons too - http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/park-organiser-geoff-ellis-switch-3761987

Edited by Chiefski