T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is Fatboy Slim headlining Tuts a bad thing? It's the only slot I could realistically see him in. He's not a big enough name anymore to headline one of the outdoor stages. And I'd much rather see him in a Tuts headline slot than subbing David Guetta on the R1 Stage.

It's a bad thing for me personally because I'm not going to see him,not missing Kasabian.

And your off yer head if you think he's not big enough to headline radio 1.

Best set for me was Pendulum on NME in 2011, unreal set.

That was efffingggg wild! I came out of that with numerous injuries ha. Great set.

I think it was 2009 when they last played King Tuts. THAT was mental. Absolutely insane. 2011 was good too but not quite on the same level. I would probably have RATM as my favourite headline set with Levellers in Pet Sounds as my favourite ever T performance.

My point is Stuart says he's not big enough to headline radio 1 when he 100% is.

I'd agree with that.

He might be big enough to headline a 2nd stage at a different festival but with T's demographic, I can't see him doing anything bigger than what he's doing (the KT headline slot). Look at the dance acts who have headlined the Radio 1 stage over the last few years - Swedish House Mafia, David Guetta, Calvin Harris. They're all DJs who were at the top of their game (or were about to hit their peak in Calvin's case). Fatboy Slim's heyday has passed. Skrillex headlined King Tuts in 2012 and I'd argue that he was bigger then than Fatboy Slim is now. A headline slot for Fatboy Slim on the Radio 1 Stage would be seen as a very weak booking in my opinion.

Fair enough,still think tuts is nowhere big enough for him and there's going to be a lot of disappointed people .

Slam have said there line up is getting announced on Friday and they have a belter in the pipelines.

Hoping for someone like leftfield.

Had a wee shot at stage splits, haven't included the T Break stage so could be completely off with some placings. I do think there could be someone announced for Sunday who could potentially headline King Tuts w/ Above & Beyond as sub, plus some more pop acts for Radio 1. Hoping the Slam Tent lineup is decent so I have something to do during the day for most days.

KASABIAN AVICII NOEL GALLAGHER'S HFB

Sam Smith THE LIBERTINES Stereophonics

Hozier The Script Paloma Faith

The Wombats The Vaccines Kodaline

Jessie Ware Jessie J Ella Henderson

Seasick Steve Peace
Jess Glynne

DAVID GUETTA TWIN ATLANTIC THE PRODIGY

Rudimental Alt-J Jamie T

Annie Mac Labrinth Alabama Shakes

Duke Dumont St. Vincent Catfish & The Bottlemen

Fuse ODG Jungle Years & Years

Idlewild

FATBOY SLIM COURTEENERS ABOVE & BEYOND

Hot Chip George Ezra Clean Bandit

Mark Ronson Enter Shikari Oliver Heldens

Gorgon City The Proclaimers Modest Mouse
Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott James Bay
Charli XCX

Edited by TheHiddenPassenger

looking at festivals close to T (post the current announcement) would expect some of these

Courtney Barnett

Eagles of Death Metal

Of Monsters and Men

The War on Drugs

Damien Marley

Death Cab for Cutie

Tove Lo

Young Fathers

Kate Tempest

Kwabs

Major Lazer

Tom Odell

The Gaslight Anthem

Future Islands

looking at festivals close to T (post the current announcement) would expect some of these

Courtney Barnett

Eagles of Death Metal

Of Monsters and Men

The War on Drugs

Damien Marley

Death Cab for Cutie

Tove Lo

Young Fathers

Kate Tempest

Kwabs

Major Lazer

Tom Odell

The Gaslight Anthem

Future Islands

Would love to see Damien Marley, what is it that he's doing around the time?