T in The Park 2015

Matt42

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be bitterly disappointed if mumford are announced but that's very much my opinion, i'm still thinking Kasabian for titp, i can see RHCP playing reading this year allowing Kasabian to then come to T. However i'm stuck with the foo's who will definitely play festivals this summer but which one? If they do Glasto will they also do R&L, bands seem to have started doing this one festival per country thing now, unlike when Coldplay would play titp just a month after Glasto same with Mumford in 2013, it now seems that bands are becoming more particular about what festivals they do, I'm guessing this is due to festivals music genre's changing?

Three straight headliners. Noel behind The Libertines, Florence behind Muse. Not sure on who I'd put behind The Prodigy.

I'm not that sure if Noel will play btw, but if he does, I'm wagering sub or Stage 2 headline. But if he takes a "I must headline" stance, I'd wager he won't be there at all.

They wouldn't put Noel on the Radio 1 Stage. I'm coming round to the idea of him being a headliner and still convinced Florence would headline. That would mean at least one of Noel, Florence, Mumfords or The Prodigy not being there but not sure which ones.

Three straight headliners. Noel behind The Libertines, Florence behind Muse. Not sure on who I'd put behind The Prodigy.

I'm not that sure if Noel will play btw, but if he does, I'm wagering sub or Stage 2 headline. But if he takes a "I must headline" stance, I'd wager he won't be there at all.

After the article on NME about Noel not playing Glasto, i can't see him being asked to play at R&L so he must do t. If Muse were announced i'd struggle to contain myself, what an announcement that would be

I'll be bitterly disappointed if mumford are announced but that's very much my opinion, i'm still thinking Kasabian for titp, i can see RHCP playing reading this year allowing Kasabian to then come to T. However i'm stuck with the foo's who will definitely play festivals this summer but which one? If they do Glasto will they also do R&L, bands seem to have started doing this one festival per country thing now, unlike when Coldplay would play titp just a month after Glasto same with Mumford in 2013, it now seems that bands are becoming more particular about what festivals they do, I'm guessing this is due to festivals music genre's changing?

Kasabian doing R&L wouldn't have any effect on them doing T. Not sure where the bands only doing one festival thing is coming from, yeah that's true in England but it's pretty much always been the case there. T doesn't affect that. The Libertines will be doing T and R&L this year anyway.

Foo Fighters seem nailed on for Glastonbury and are touring the US July/August so that will probably be the only UK festival they do.

Libertines, Mumford and Sons and The Prodigy wouldn't look too bad on paper I reckon. You could have The Prodigy as weak maybe, but they're also an established name and a known commodity as a live act. Put a strong undercard beneath that and you'd be sorted.

I think Florence and Noel would be bigger ticket sellers than The Prodigy. I still see The Prodigy as a headliner, but they're not a strong one.

Edited by kingcrawler

Foos will probably only do Glasto at most, they have a stadium tour this year.

If it is Mumford/Libertines/Florence it kinda reminds me of the first year T went three days in 2007 with Arctic Monkeys/Killers/Snow Patrol, all three were relatively new headliners that people doubted a bit beforehand, but had good record sales to make their case, which Mumfords/Flo certainly do. 2007 had a good undercard iirc as well.

Faithless for a headliner on one of the other stages with them just announcing some sort of comeback?

Haven't been in 2 years due to work and didn't think I was missing much with the line up however with The Libertines playing this year cant wait! With the anouncement of faithless 20 year anniversary show hopefully they play at T this year! Saw them at my first T in 2010 and they were brilliant!!

Other acts I wouldn't mind seeing there would have to be the specials, the enemy, the view, james and the courteeners. All bands that have played great shows when I have seen them. Would love to see The Music but fat chance lf that with then split up.

As for the last 2 remaining headliners? As long as theres something decent on radio 1 stage or king tuts shouldn't be too bad.

Edited by LoveIsNoise

James? Drew a massive crowd last year, and sold out most there tickets for there recent tour including some arenas.

Unlikely, more of a mid-afternoon lets see how many people we can get for a singalong, type of act nowadays than one to headline a stage

Portishead playing Beni would be an incredible fit for the tent, but I would deserve my doubts if T would book them