T in The Park 2015

Matt42

re the queen thing, mind when Newton Faulkner did Bohemiam Rhapsody a couple of years back, the place went MENTAL,

although we'll never see the likes of Freddie, Queens back catalogue is up there with the best, couldn't think of better headliner for this year.

Name 10 Queen songs? easy

Name 10 Florence songs? 10 Mumford songs errrrrr..

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re the queen thing, mind when Newton Faulkner did Bohemiam Rhapsody a couple of years back, the place went MENTAL,

although we'll never see the likes of Freddie, Queens back catalogue is up there with the best, couldn't think of better headliner for this year.

That was mainly my thinking, any time i've been in a pub and the band has started playing Queen, everyone loves it. Honestly think they would be perfect for T.

The fact is about Queen, it's not Queen. Yes people would probably go see them for all the songs, would people buy a festival ticket based on Queen-but not actually Queen playing, No. If a festival had a very good lineup and 2 good headliners with Queen being the 3rd, I'd probably go watch them but they wouldn't be in my bands that make me buy the festival ticket.

That was mainly my thinking, any time i've been in a pub and the band has started playing Queen, everyone loves it. Honestly think they would be perfect for T.

yep, but there's a difference between what might go down well when it's put in front of you, and what you'll spend money to see.

Flo would have huge numbers of T-ers open their wallets. Not-Queen would cause very few to do the same.

Florence would keep my wallet well and truly shut, I'm sure she's a lovely person and all but I just think the music is bloody dull. but then that's what a festivals all about, something for everyone. personally I'll be elsewhere. probably in my bed as I'll be knackered after 9 hours wandering about. having no clue where anything is in a new venue.

Edited by Colfaedee

If u could choose an unlikely headliner to spice things up a bit who would we all choose and why?

Think I would go for Queen with Adam Lambert as I would love to experience a T crowd bouncing to there amazing selection of hits. Could be a real special moment if your listening Geoff!!!!

Ah would go for queen,or anyone out off Metallica acdc,stone roses(ah know)Paul McCartney or fleetwood Mac.

Undercard,anyone from the specials,happy Monday's,noasis,pink,Kylie,madness,erasure Mia and public enemy.

From the comments i've read on here in recent years, I'd say you're not alone in thinking it's gone stale.

It'll be interesting to see what it does at its new home, as it gives it a chance to try and re-invent itself. And the festival scene has moved away from huge barren airfields, so it could feel much more cosy; DF have already shown they can do better than old-Balado T with Connect.

I've been going to T since 1998 and almost every year, excluding the previous 2, I've felt they've done really well with the line-up on offer.

I know festivals need to change with the times and trends but I've felt their choice of acts the last couple of years has been a bit of an own goal. Usually there would be about 18 of us going every year but not one of us has attended the last 2. Judging by the comments on here it seems many people agree.

As you say though this move could see them reinvent themselves with, hopefully, a more diverse line-up.

the fact is, who knows the lyrics to maybe 2 Florence songs?

How about who knows the lyrics to like 10 Queen songs, i'd absolutely love queen to go even if it's Adam Lambert (who btw is highly under rated) didn't get near to being able to get a ticket to the hydro gig.

Also fair enough florence played the secc last tour but they played 15 songs! Absolute joke, SECC/Hydro ticket prices have always been ridiculous, if i'd paid a lot of money to see Florence and got 15 songs i'd be ragin, lets have some true rock n roll headliners like Foo's who would happily play over 2 hour (reading festival 2012)

As for efestivals point on more people opening their wallet for florence why don't we have a wee poll, Who'd rather open their wallet for florence than Queen?? ;)

How about who knows the lyrics to like 10 Queen songs, i'd absolutely love queen to go even if it's Adam Lambert (who btw is highly under rated) didn't get near to being able to get a ticket to the hydro gig.

Also fair enough florence played the secc last tour but they played 15 songs! Absolute joke, SECC/Hydro ticket prices have always been ridiculous, if i'd paid a lot of money to see Florence and got 15 songs i'd be ragin, lets have some true rock n roll headliners like Foo's who would happily play over 2 hour (reading festival 2012)

As for efestivals point on more people opening their wallet for florence why don't we have a wee poll, Who'd rather open their wallet for florence than Queen?? ;)

Just so as we're clear, SECC and Hydro tickets aren't much different to other arenas around the country.

I'd see Florence and the Machine over Queen & Adam Lambert or Queen.

Just so as we're clear, SECC and Hydro tickets aren't much different to other arenas around the country.

Arena's as in of a similar size to the SECC/Hydro yes i agree but for the likes of the barras and 02 Academy in Glasgow you're talking an average of £25 per ticket whereas hydro is £40 average.

Minus twin atlantic who surprisingly only charged £25 (i think) GOOD LADS!

Arena's as in of a similar size to the SECC/Hydro yes i agree but for the likes of the barras and 02 Academy in Glasgow you're talking an average of £25 per ticket whereas hydro is £40 average.

That's because bigger acts play the bigger venues and can charge more for their tickets because there's higher demand.

Arena bands charge more. It like paying less for a King Tuts gig than the Barras or the Academy. The bigger the band, the higher the price. Twin Atlantic are a bit of an anomaly because they're still Academy sized everywhere else, and thus the ticket price reflects that. Biffy Clyro were the same for a couple of SECC gigs.

My point was that 15 songs for the price that they charge at these areans is absurd. Pretty sure i paid £40 last year for Biffy at the SECC but they played 27 songs, that's worth the money, Florence played almost half for what i can imagine was a similar price

Surely time on stage is more important than number of songs played? Metallica will play 18, but that takes up a HUGE amount of time. At the same time, you could throw NOFX on and they could fit over 30 into the same time.

Christ, Queen and Adam Lambert at T would be absolutely desperate, the crowd at T is 80% under 30s, majority of which wouldn't be at all interested in in Queen and Adam Lambert, whatever bass ridden drivel that was coming out of the R1 stage would have a monster crowd against it

Titp has a history of booking strong sub headliners, which I wouldn't put past Florence doing, if also hasn't booked massively strong acts for the Friday night headliner, which I would put past Florence doing either