T in The Park 2015

Matt42

Kasabian - saw them at The Hydro in November and it was one of the best gigs I've ever been to

The Libertines - grew up with Up the Bracket on repeat, saw them at the Barras last year and it was epic

Jungle - best album of last year in my opinion, should be cracking live

Mark Ronson - absolutely loving the new album and intrigued to see his new live setup

The Wombats - so I can feel like I'm 16 again

Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott - one of those acts that I'd never buy a ticket to a headline gig but I know they'd put on a great show

I can't be bothered with Kasabian again. I've seen them several times, and whilst still great live, I have no real desire to see them again any time soon, particularly given the last few albums have been more miss than hit imo.

I do like the Libertines, and given they were the first announcement it gave me hope for the rest of the lineup. Again though, I've seen them before so would take more than them to tempt me back.

Can't say I've listened to Jungle and I hate Mark Ronson and The Wombats. Would agree about Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott though. But as you say, wouldn't go see them at their own gig so given there's not much else on the lineup it's just not enough.

I still have hope that there'll be a lot more to my taste to be added, but for me it's a very underwhelming start.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be surprised to see alt-j play the exact same slot as last time. They'll probably sub to Twin Atlantic on R1 or something I guess but it's surprising (to me) to see them that low too.

Due to the double header on the mainstage I reckon, alt j will probably still be playing at a usual headlining time.

Would be surprised to see alt-j play the exact same slot as last time. They'll probably sub to Twin Atlantic on R1 or something I guess but it's surprising (to me) to see them that low too.

Surely they'd prefer the Tuts headline slot though? It's hardly a small slot, and not really much worse than subbing behind Twin Atlantic.

Surely they'd prefer the Tuts headline slot though? It's hardly a small slot, and not really much worse than subbing behind Twin Atlantic.

I guess not but as Matt said they still get the darkness that they want and it's a bigger stage so can progress and play to more people. Also I think Courteeners are already headlining Tuts.

Will be my second should I decide to go. No interest in The Libertines. So I'll be hoping for something on King Tuts, but I think Alt-J will be in there, so it'll be Twin Atlantic by the looks of things.

Wasn't it confirmed somewhere that Courteeners were headlining Tuts on Saturday? Would mean they'd be on after Libertines.

Due to the double header on the mainstage I reckon, alt j will probably still be playing at a usual headlining time.

Makes sense that, as it does seem odd Alt-J playing below Twin Atlantic, likewise I expected them to be headliners of the Radio 1 stage.

Libertines clashing with Alt-J and whoever subs Tuts (St Vincent/Jungle/Enter Shikari possibly)

Followed by...

Avicii clashing with Twin Atlantic and Courteeners

Would be best for all bands involved I think. Alt-J crowd in that scenario would seriously challenge the crowd the Libs would get in my opinion

I really don't buy that Alt-J will be subbing the Radio 1 stage. They seem too big for that slot, and it's not like big acts don't get that Tuts headline slot.

Given we know Twin are headlining the stage and Courteeners Tuts the poster implies they kinda cant go any higher. But yeah when I did my prediction a week or so back I had them as subbing Kasabian in Sam Smith's slot. How wrong I was!

seeing as this puts to bed efest's favourite myth "Calvin signed a deal with his agent ensuring he'd play T every year", hopefully he'll be gone a fair few years now

There is still time ... :P

Never has there been a more LADS! line up before! Very odd sort of line up, as I like lot of the acts idividually, but something about them all togeher makes it look utterly terrible.