Weather

matt_berr

• Replies 4.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

WHAY WAS IT NOT THIS WEEKEND!!!????

BECAUSE IT'S ALSO GOING TO BE FINE NEXT WEEKEND!

Seriously, I haven't seen a single report in the last week - ECM or GFS - that indicates anything other than the proverbial 'enough to keep the dust down', which, my friends is a very very good thing. Things may change over the next few days, but it's not looking that way.

JETKTDD NC

Seriously, I haven't seen a single report in the last week - ECM or GFS - that indicates anything other than the proverbial 'enough to keep the dust down', which, my friends is a very very good thing. Things may change over the next few days, but it's not looking that way.

JETKTDD NC

I like you Stuart. you're the captain optimism this thread needs, but doesn't deserve haha.

If the Accuweather forecast is any good, then this year could have the most ideal weather for a festival:

Cloudy (yes, cloudy!)

Warm

No f*cking rain

I like the sun, but if it was over 25C every day, it makes it all a little bit tougher. Scorchio is certainly better than a mudbath, but very high temperatures brings its own set of problems.

I don't think I'm alone on this opinion...anyone else with me?

Jackone (or 10) basicaally doesn't have a clue at this stage (or arguably at any stage). You'd be better off consulting my Auntie Fanny's seaweed (which incidentally is bone dry at the moment).

It is possible that JackONE is actually an advanced cosmological mystic, who is actually charting out all the possible different alternate timelines- in one the weather is fantastic and we all have a great time, in another the weather is merely reasonable, in another it rains every day and sinks in a quagmire of mud. In which case we can but hope we don't end up in the darkest timeline...

35h9sw-224x300.jpg

If the Accuweather forecast is any good, then this year could have the most ideal weather for a festival:

Cloudy (yes, cloudy!)

Warm

No f*cking rain

I like the sun, but if it was over 25C every day, it makes it all a little bit tougher. Scorchio is certainly better than a mudbath, but very high temperatures brings its own set of problems.

Agreed, of the years I've been 2007 was the worst for weather, 2010 2nd worst for me. No sleep, dehydration, missed so much in the afternoon

JETKTDD NC

You're jinxing us! You're like the person who says "cheer up, it will never happen" and then when it does happen, is NO WHERE TO BE FOUND! ;)

Cloudy (yes, cloudy!)

Warm

No f*cking rain

I actually quite like wearing a coat, as I can get away with not carrying a bag around if I don't mind getting a few from the bar.

Edited by stuartbert two hats

Has anyone noticed that 3 days ago there was panic and depression as forecasts showed that Weds/Thurs might have a bit of wet stuff.

Now pretty much all forecasts show Weds/Thurs are dry!

So whatever it says for Fri to Sun I think it is best ignored.

There was one GFS operational run that suggested quite a bit of rain but as pointed out at the time this was a massive outlier, other than that the forests have been pretty consistent.

Also very remincent of 2002/3 when the weather all week was warm without being oppressively hot, with the odd light shower, thus is exactly how the forcast is currently looking.

I think 2003 was the best weather I've experienced at Glastonbury. Preferred it to 2010 simply because it wasn't ridiculously hot - it was just very nice.

2002 was good too, although I have vague memories of it being seriously cold at night that year.

One thing I have noticed is that the weather is never shit on the Monday after the festival. I've never had to pack up my stuff in the rain. Even in 2007 the sun came out on Monday, just to take the piss.