Jack White?

ssimpson90

Record store day show:

High Ball Stepper

(Live premiere)

Lazaretto

(Live Premiere)

Power of My Love

(Elvis Presley cover) (B-Side on World's Fastest Record)

Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground

(The White Stripes song)

Freedom at 21

Three Women

(Live Premiere + Jack on piano)

Weep Themselves to Sleep

Love Interruption

Hello Operator

(The White Stripes song)

Just One Drink

(Live Premiere)

Hotel Yorba

(The White Stripes song)

Would You Fight for My Love

(Live Premiere)

Beat you to this but I like your added info in the brackets.

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I noticed he has more of a band with him in that video. How does it work with stripes song's live?

Some are performed in quite a different fashion. We're going to be friends was a new arrangement. Hotel Yorba is fantastic in the new form, total country hoedown.

Hello Operator incorporates all of the band which gives it a new edge, Dead Leaves feels a little slower and if Ruby is on stage she sings quite a few of the repeted lines.

Edited by III

I'd say I prefer Elephant to White Blood Cells to be honest, Simply because of Little Acorns :P Prefer Horehound and BBS as albums to the second ones though. Loved Sea of Cowards still but apart from 3 or 4 tracks on Consolers I didn't really like it to be honest (The only album of Jacks projects I'm not too keen on)

Some are performed in quite a different fashion. We're going to be friends was a new arrangement. Hotel Yorba is fantastic in the new form, total country hoedown.

Both of those are absolutely fantastic with how they have been done on the solo shows!

I'd take the setlist he done at Third Man Records! (Sure hard to judge new stuff..but you know, so far so good!)

So first two albums of each his projects? Yeah De Stijl is better than the debut, and to carry on theres no contest Elepehant is easily better than White Blood Cells really :P

Curiously seeminly the patern is broken for White Stripes albums with the final two, Get Me Behind Me Satan is surely better than Icky Thump?

While Consolers of the Lonely does have Top Yourself on it, Broken Boy Soldiers is the better album I'd say and with the Dead Weather, Horehound is easily the better album!! Dunno what it is about Sea of Cowards, it doesn't seem to have that stand out song on it, that really gets me going like his others all do.

Sorry for not having your opinions guys ;) I prefer Icky Thump to GBMS overall. I think White Blood Cells is more consistent but Elephant has 3 of my top 5 TWS songs on it really so it just beats it because of that

Edited by Ipayne

Probably agree with that but only just. Depends what mood I'm in really. Some great marimbas etc on GBMS.

Yeah GBMS is awesome when you are in the mood for some Marimbas and piano.

Blunderbuss reminds me of GBMS in that sense. I've a feeling that Lazaretto is gonne be guitar solo central, fist 2 songs we've heared seem that way.

A lot of folks on The Little Room were saying they enjoyed Blunderbuss but wanted to hear Jack cut loose on the guitar for the next album.

Can I just congratulate III and Scruffy for their sterling work at making this thread begin to rival the Cave and National threads for obsessiveness and album ranking? :)

Dead Weather were great on the Pyramid in the roasting sun in 2010. I loved everything about that day though. That festival in fact.

Whoever compared Prince to Father Eoin Mclove = GENIUS.