why do you take drugs at glastonbury?

Guest pancakes

Just wondering, as someone who has zero interest in drugs, why people take them?

And also why do you buy them at the festival when you have the risk of buying something that you dont know what it could be?

Genuinely wondering why the need to take them or experiment.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Only painkillers here - where required of course! I once broke a rib at a festival, so I ALWAYS have painkillers on hand at festivals now - just in case. (I'm guessing the prescription drugs were not what you meant though!)

I bring heavy duty (not over the counter) painkillers along too. I can't recall ever having to use them though. I don't really get hangovers at festivals. Probably because I don't sober up enough to get them.

The criminal activity and violence. I've not seen any evidence for the terrorist angle so i can't comment on that.

Whilst you can argue that the criminal fraternity that runs the drugs trade is a direct result of the drugs being illegal, it doesn't stop the money spent on drugs supporting a culture that makes many peoples lives a misery.

I remember that question being asked of Pete Doherty once... 'do you ever think about the impact of your cocaine use on South American people?' basically. Was an interesting one, and from memory he didn't have am answer.