Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rubbish! So what did they get previously then?

Usual to be about 45 - 60 mins for lower acts and about 1 1/2 for headliners (as previous years).

Was a joke. Guessing you weren't around all those months ago when this was discussed, although I'm probably the only one on here who remembers this.

Was a joke. Guessing you weren't around all those months ago when this was discussed, although I'm probably the only one on here who remembers this.

Haha!

I was, I just must have missed that particular gem. There has been rather a lot of shit in this forum over the months. And I think a 20 minute TT slot is still 20 minutes too long.

Haha!

I was, I just must have missed that particular gem. There has been rather a lot of shit in this forum over the months. And I think a 20 minute TT slot is still 20 minutes too long.

We decided Muse for 20th anniversary, Oasis for Definitely Maybe 20th anniversary and ACDC twice for their 40th anniversary. Ah those days.

Relatively quickly.. Last year we got there but were too hot after queueing for the wristbands to wait in another queue for lockers so we decided to leave it for a few hours. By the time we went to queue they had gone so I suggest you either get one before you go or queue as soon as you get there on the Monday..

In other news FIB just confirmed there would be no headliners but would be more names in the coming days.

Relatively quickly.. Last year we got there but were too hot after queueing for the wristbands to wait in another queue for lockers so we decided to leave it for a few hours. By the time we went to queue they had gone so I suggest you either get one before you go or queue as soon as you get there on the Monday..

In other news FIB just confirmed there would be no headliners but would be more names in the coming days.

So in other news, FIB have royally fucked up.

To those who have been before - do lockers sell out pretty quickly? Is there a way of booking one online before getting there?

Yeah mate, I preordered one last year, can't remember how far in advance it was though, definitely recommend getting one, maybe drop the festival a email and they may be able to help you with how to reserve one?

To those who have been before - do lockers sell out pretty quickly? Is there a way of booking one online before getting there?

Lockers were in a presale few weeks back but after the change of management (press conference) they canceled the presale. I wrote them how to secure the locker and they told me that they will post information about lockers soon it's been couple of weeks.

So in other news, FIB have royally fucked up.

Yeah mate, I preordered one last year, can't remember how far in advance it was though, definitely recommend getting one, maybe drop the festival a email and they may be able to help you with how to reserve one?

Gonna e-mail 'em then, cheers Muz.

To be fair after they named The Libertines it was only one more big name short of being a great line up, still a very good line up all the same. I just hope there's a couple of bands named in 'the next days' that will tidy things up a bit and not just a load of Spanish shite i've never heard of. I'm still buzzin about it whatever happens....

Don't believe the hype.

its the comments in spanish under the MIA post, just stick them in google translate

They come up as

"Hi David, as i have said give more names but no heads because that part is already closed. Greetings."

and

"Lff Hello, we are with some details, but we will in the coming days. Greetings."

Fucking hell, the other acts need to be tight then. Can take maybe Paolo Nutini headlining one day then a bigger act another, but Tinie as well truely takes the mickey. It just ain't good enough. Will seriously make people question going in the future, cos of how shit them headliners are.

Paolo isn't the end of the world. I do think in the next few years he will be given a headline status over the UK. He seems to be a solid subheadline act over the UK other than Glasto which is just different and is even co-headlining TITP. One festival had to take the risk and bump him up and considering Beni is more or less a British festival anyway it just so happened to be them, not necessarily a bad thing. Beni had Kasabian headlining a few years before they began headlining the UK.

As for Tinie Tempah, he can take this headline slot, shove it up his ass and then fuck off in every direction possible. But he won't be the last one on the main stage, Chase & Status probably will so we can just consider them our headliner right? They're probably as big as Paolo these days and fucking destroy it live.

It's a bad situation but some beers, sun, sand, and other good music will make it wonderful.

Lockers were in a presale few weeks back but after the change of management (press conference) they canceled the presale. I wrote them how to secure the locker and they told me that they will post information about lockers soon it's been couple of weeks.

I payed for one when they were in the presale so i'm assuming they are just on hold as i haven't been emailed about them being cancelled?

Paolo Nutnis headlined T in the Park (I know being scottish helps) still counts.

He also headlined Lattitude back in 2011, the same one thats been headlined by Damon Albarn, Kraftwerk in the past etc.

Nutini I accept as a headliner, Tinie Tempah on the other hand makes no sense as he's 3rd down at places like Wireless behind Pharrell etc.

Not much we can do about it now, someone suggested Haim though, I'd love them announced somewhere.

Wonder if they booking/organisation people are reading their Facebook page, don't think I've seen a single positive comment about Tinie at all.

Gotta feel a bit sorry for the bloke if he does end up being Headliner, will be taking a lot of flack on behalf of the organisers.

Oh and no one say go see James if I don't wanna see him, just watched a link on the FIB facebook page and they look like a bunch of 50-something blokes hanging onto their youth dressing in clothes from Burtons.

Edited by nigelreocoker

Oh and no one say go see James if I don't wanna see him, just watched a link on the FIB facebook page and they look like a bunch of 50-something blokes hanging onto their youth dressing in clothes from Burtons.

you say that like it's a bad thing!

I saw that page too, but i don't think there's much they can do (FIB) at this point..

Also, i was thinking, is it possible that they get surprise acts?

I mean, FIB is supposed to be a great festival and if you compare the lineups of the previous year to this year's lineup it's a huge difference, is FIB really gonna let it go downhill so easily?

I feel like they're not even trying because let's say, ok, headliners have been booked. But they didn't get that many good artists (quantity wise) as the previous years,

Why would they let FIB slip like that? I don't think they're stupid enough to lose a huge audience and therefore money...

Maybe i'm wishful thinking but eh

Edited by smileya