Benicàssim 2014

Guest SteveGuppy

a think people are talking rubbish, this is one of the better beni lineups.

Least a will go and check out some of the acts every day this year when in the past ave patched a day because there has been nothing on.

A hate tini and nutini but there is decent shit to watch they 2 days

Edited by MrTysonTomko

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the line up is as bad as people are making out. Yes, it is more mainstream in parts but if you are into the FIB genre/sound you still have Travis, Manics, Weller, James, Kasabian, Libertines, Klaxons, Jake Bugg, Tame Impala, The 1975, Courteeners, Charlatans & Paolo which I think is a better group when you compare it to last year.

I'm pretty happy with the line up in all fairness and I think its better than last years too. I think a couple of decent DJs and a couple of decent bands to fill up the Thursday and I'm set to have another incredible week.

Let's not worry about Tinie Headlining anymore. He'll be on about midnight and we can all be getting pissed at that time then rock up and listen to a few of his half decent songs before gettin ready for Chase & Status about 2AM.

Would rather them be on later anyway, basically headlining Thursday in my eyes.

You know if they had booked The Libertines, bumped Chase and Status up to headline and got a few more decent acts, nobody would have moaned half as much.

Surely this is common knowledge...

Yeah, tbh even if a band like Foals were headlining a day so it is C&S, Kasabian, Libertines, Foals i'd be content. Fuck it even Foals/C&S on the Thursday and still Nutini on Sunday would be alright.

Yeah Klaxons are gonna be the band I catch on Thursday for sure. Loved their first album and their second was decent too. Hopefully they get a decent slot on the second stage so they're on whilst its dark. Them into C&S on the mainstage would be good.

Friday is looking like the day to me there will be a fair amount of shit clashes, Kasabian, Weller, Jake Bugg, Tame Impala, Albert Hammond, Razorlight and Fat Whites are all acts I wanna catch. If the main stage goes Fat Whites, Razorlight, Tame Impala, Bugg, Weller, Kasabian then whoever after will be down there all day...

Can anyone remember last year if the last announcement had any decent/biggish names in them?

Looking on NME, their nearest news article to the festival announced Johnny Marr, Beady Eye, Knife Party, Skream, Zane Lowe and a couple more.

That said, that sorta time last year AM, QOTSA and The Killers were all already announced well in advance before i'd got my ticket in March time.

Seen that Optimus Alive festival in Portugal is pretty empty line up wise, with only half their supposed 120 odd acts announced. Fair number of acts on their line up I wouldn't mind seeing at beni as well, Sbtrkt, War on Drugs, MGMT, Elbow, Jamie XX, Jungle.

Well judging on the comments today its most likely gonna be Thursday/Friday for an announcment.

The last announcement that will close the line up as they said.

Id rather they got 5 or 6 decent bands than 15-20 largely mediocre.

They don't even know themselves when they're going to make an announcement. They've been saying a few days 'in the next days! :-)' but looking at their twitter is worrying

fiberfib:We are honest, as we said, we can't say exactly when. Maybe not this week.

You know if they had booked The Libertines, bumped Chase and Status up to headline and got a few more decent acts, nobody would have moaned half as much.

Surely this is common knowledge...

Absolutely agree with this. C&S moved to headliner or put there in the first place would have stopped a lot of negative thinking. Other thing is. If this was a 2 day festival (like V) again it looks a lot stronger. Let's all get wrecked and have a good one

Looking on NME, their nearest news article to the festival announced Johnny Marr, Beady Eye, Knife Party, Skream, Zane Lowe and a couple more.

That said, that sorta time last year AM, QOTSA and The Killers were all already announced well in advance before i'd got my ticket in March time.

Seen that Optimus Alive festival in Portugal is pretty empty line up wise, with only half their supposed 120 odd acts announced. Fair number of acts on their line up I wouldn't mind seeing at beni as well, Sbtrkt, War on Drugs, MGMT, Elbow, Jamie XX, Jungle.

yeah AM were announced by january last year.

Deffo take jamie xx!