• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

ah cheers, thanks for that wozwebs.

misleading article title…I thought it might have been because of some negativity surrounding their announcement or the cancelled Paris shows.

Misleading title? In The Sun? Who'd a thunk it?

Harely call an article about the band who have been confirmed for Sunday headliners a "tenuous link"

Taking an old, fairly uninteresting quote in order to shoe-horn in a Glastonbury story? Definitely tenuous even if they were booked to headline all 3 nights.

yes. ridiculous comment. they split crowds with diversity. not split fans of a certain movement or genre between to areas of the arena.

Would be like having Jack White, Metallica and Pixies all on at the same time last year (headlining pyramid, other and john peel). instead it was timed perfectly so Pixies fans could walk over to catch the entire Jack White show and then wait for Metallica.

Nah, wtf is the point in split a crowd with someone that fans of the band won't like? The idea is that if its a big act, you need something else that will appeal to some fans of that act to reduce the crowd. Otherwise your not really splitting the crowd?

And take a lot of time off some. 15 minutes from the Pyramid to the Meeting Point?!

My sweaty ballbag it is.

Depends on how many people are going down the main route (i presume its done with the most obvious/direct routes than any other paths). In general I'd say its a good guesstimate, obviously if you alone/just another person and want to make it quickly there are ways and means of getting there quicker but I reckon its about average when crowds are about.

Edited by LondonTom

EVERYONE is expecting KANYE WEST’s headline show to be this year’s most controversial Glastonbury performance – but my money’s now on THE WHO.

The band’s guitarist PETE TOWNSHEND unleashed an extraordinary rant that might not appeal to all their fans.

Pete raged: “There’s a desire I have sometimes to do a show which is just crap.

“Go out in front of a devoted Who fans and say, ‘Listen you bunch of f***ing c***s. F*** off. Don’t come back.

“’This is the last time I’m ever going to f***ing say anything that’s even slightly nice to you’.

“Then what you do is plug your guitar into overdrive and walk offstage.”

Hasn't he done that to the French fans for that cancelled show without even needing to turn up!?

Townshend is a Junkie. Never take seriously anything a Smack head ever says, Every Junkie's like a setting sun.

Sunday should have been a Woman's domain.

Ms. Lauryn Hill,

Adele,

Alicia Keys

Gaga

Edited by bamber

Wonder if that full line up will be released today. Or maybe sometime this week. Being a massive Doctor Who fan, I remember being so happy when I read the name BBC Radiophonic Workshop on last years poster. They were great too. One of my highlights!

Can't see it being today. With that Block 9 announcement only on Friday, plus Neil had word that the Who / Weller news was to arrive before it did. I'm going to assume* he'd get a bit of prior warning about this

*I do realise that performance is no guarantee of future performance

Edited by FuzzyDunlop

Anyone know where can I find the aftermovie of last year? I remember seing it with Dolly Parton singing through the whole video, it was short and beautiful but i can't find it now...

Cheers

:)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=of-2hWWMU9g&index=1&list=FLCivSizIMqy62TOLIlRVFrQ

He said he smoked it once. 11 mins 30 in here.

Back in the 80s, I think he signed up as some sort of anti-drugs advocate for Thatcher.

But anyway, I remember hearing him saying something about he'd only had to smoke it once to become addicted. There was definitely an "I am an addict" or "I was an addict" bit to it.

Back in the 80s, I think he signed up as some sort of anti-drugs advocate for Thatcher.

But anyway, I remember hearing him saying something about he'd only had to smoke it once to become addicted. There was definitely an "I am an addict" or "I was an addict" bit to it.

He says it in that video. "Smoked heroin once.......Im a fast learner, I was addicted"

Poor man's Marianne Faithfull.

Hes never turned up on telly to do his new single fucked up on procaine.