Acid_Haze

The Sunday headliner will be made public when Prince is good and ready. The guy is a fucking nut job so it could be anytime...............or he could refuse again like last year, for any reason like his eggs were too cold, or his bed sheet was wrinkled or because today is Thursday and he would like it to be a Saturday.........who knows? Not even Prince knows yet

Edited by ThomThomDrum

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I dont reckon it'll be till May dudes. I saw a band a few weeks back who are playing the Bimble Inn, they said they cant announce they're playing till May. I thought we'd hear something before, but it doesn't look likely does it. I am in the camp of I'm not bothered about the headliner, just wanna know the smaller bands, but not fussed when they announce it really...I quite like all the suspense...

the full lineup (with stages like the Bimble Inn) usually isn't until May anyway.

usually there's an announcement with acts on the main stages several weeks before that.

I'd rather have the line-up right now with someone terrible at the top of it than wait another second longer solely to satisfy Prince's over-inflated ego.

Then come the Sunday evening I'll be able to bask in the warm, satisfied glow of knowing that I got to open my Christmas stocking early and found a lump of coal in it.

it's rare for any festival to announce over a normal weekend. In 15 years of being sat here I can't remember any festival announcing anything over easter (tho I guess it might have happened).

Weekends are simply less effective at disseminating information, because people are doing 'fun' things and so are engaging with media less.

It's not impossible that they'll announce over Easter weekend, but don't go expecting it.

I seem to remember Leeds/Reading having their lineup reveal/ticket sale on easter monday in the past? Not 100% on that though

Is there anyway of knowing how quickly the ticket balances are being paid off?

I think most people on here will have paid off their balances quickly (as clearly the festival is a big deal to us), but what is happening outside of efests?

I wondering if the Eavis's are waiting to see if the balances are paid off despite the Kanye West petition.

Edited by Boopickledaddy

I cant wait until May

I cant take this much longer

Is it possible it could be this evening? Or is it just not happening today?

I'd be surprised if it was tonight. It's effectively a Friday night and also a bank holiday. Most people will be in a car/pub, etc. Not online/giving much of a sh1t (present company excepted!).

who says Prince is acting like anything at all?

It's perfectly possible that the announcement timings will be made on a basis that GFL decide, uninfluenced by any divas.

It is possible that it is a GFL decision .. But Prince is well known for his diva antics (e.g. taking all the sound off his songs on YouTube) and there seems to be something that have stopped discussions in the past.

If he was 'easy' to book, knowing how much Michael wants him to play, he would have been booked years ago surely?

Said this before, but isn't the most likely cause of delay down the sheer number of negotiations that need to take place and getting contracts signed? If someone has agreed but not signed on the dotted line yet then they can't really announce them.

My guess is that the poster is ready to go but they're waiting for go ahead from the legal bods.

I don't think it's entirely out of the question it'll happen on one of the bank holidays...

Could happen on Monday. People will be bored of eating chocolate by then and it's ready for the printed press on Tuesday.

I'm still in the "barren wasteland 'til May" camp though.

I'd rather have the line-up right now with someone terrible at the top of it than wait another second longer solely to satisfy Prince's over-inflated ego.

Then come the Sunday evening I'll be able to bask in the warm, satisfied glow of knowing that I got to open my Christmas stocking early and found a lump of coal in it.

Brilliant as ever.

How would a sold out festival benefit from him playing?

He is a big draw, but we've had The Rolling Stones in the past few years .. Who are on another level than Prince. That level of hype will never be topped.

Publicity both for the festival and for securing big names in the future. It would be mutually beneficial