• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

and let's face it shall we? With true honesty? That's a list of shit songs.

And they're bad enough as the originals, so quite why anyone would want to hear bad metal versions of them I've no idea.

You're more than welcome to him. It says more about your ears than mine. :)

It says that you've got duff ears, certainly.

I Disagree im afraid, i think that is more accurate ^ Oviously if your a fan like me, you'd know em all. but anything of the debut album bar Dont Stop would be a sing a long!

Oh don't get me wrong, I think you're right amongst a small proportion of the crowd, but the Pyramid is often full of people who know little about the headline band - hence why 'hits' are so important.

I'd personally love the set you've put up there (Love Spreads being my favourite, plus a lot of the album tracks off the debut). But for near enough ALL of the crowd to know those songs you've left unbolded? I just can't see it.

the fact that you think Prince would play metal versions of anything says quite a lot about your ears, in fairness.

I refer you to almost all of the videos embedded here from his run of shows from last year.

Even some of you that drool when Prince farts said you got bored shitless with the endlessness of them.

Edited by eFestivals

they did it with the Saturday headliner last year, so they c9ould do it with the Sunday headliner this year.

That's what I think will happen. I don't think this 'secrecy' is anything to do with sym_prince.gif but rather just that they want to release everything at once - the whole is greater than the sum of its parts and all that

and let's face it shall we? With true honesty? That's a list of shit songs.

And they're bad enough as the originals, so quite why anyone would want to hear bad metal versions of them I've no idea.

You're more than welcome to him. It says more about your ears than mine. :)

I know you're in charge here, but this is just ridiculous.

Don't think that's true.

The idea that no one under 30 knows any Roses songs or the tunes on that album simply isn't the case.

One of the most feted albums of the last 30 years.

Lots of young people know the words

Yea i go to Glasto in a large group of about 25+ of us. all between 22-30, and Prince isnt relevent at all. However everyone likes or loves The Roses. Prince really isnt as popular as people are making out

Only if the crowd included barely anyone under 30..

I never understand this point of view (unless I've misread it) that the band have to be from 'your era' in order for you to be a big fan.

I'm 26 so barely out of nappies after the first Roses album but I'm obsessed with them

As you grow up you quickly become aware of older acts through various channels, be that relatives/friends/media

What age you are isn't relative, Heaton Park was full with people of all ages

I never understand this point of view (unless I've misread it) that the band have to be from 'your era' in order for you to be a big fan.

I'm 26 so barely out of nappies after the first Roses album but I'm obsessed with them

As you grow up you quickly become aware of older acts through various channels, be that relatives/friends/media

What age you are isn't relative, Heaton Park was full with people of all ages

Exactamundo

Being a Prince fan subjects you to a whole lifetime of disappointments

I can believe it.

If you'd heard people banging on about how he only ever shits gold niggests and then you actually saw what he does, it's hardly a surprise that you'd be disappointed.

Prince is about as cool as Stevie Wonder dropping to his knees guitar-hero style, as he did.

Is it just me that keeps forgetting we actually have two headliners confirmed. Like CONFIRMED, not TBC on the rumours page but actually confirmed by the festival.

On further thought, it's making me start to think the lineup won't be out this week. Theoretically 2 of the biggest names at the festival are out...

I still want the lineup, but I'm starting understand the 'greed' argument a little bit more.