Acid_Haze

At the same time, I know people around my age (late teens/early 20s) who believed that the Ramones were 'just a brand' because they were on one of their t-shirts. I know people who wouldn't know anything by Led Zep. Heck, my flatmates have no idea who the Smiths are/were. So where do you draw the line?

Could none of those headline because the under 25s aren't huge fans? Okay, obviously not the Ramones but you get what I mean ;)

Given that you earlier admitted that you don't actually know most Prince songs, how would you know? :lol: I like both the Roses and Prince and they'd both have the hits, both have some songs which wouldn't go down so well.

For example, I've bolded 10 songs in that Roses setlist which wouldn't be sing-a-longs. 50% at least wouldn't know any of them.

Made of Stone and Ten Storey Love Song are big sing along songs I'd suggest, especially the former

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Really? Having seen them both before, I'd be at both. Everyone I know would be at both

I'm in the same boat (although having not seen either before), but there wouldn't be that much crossover surely? I can't imagine that the 'lads' at the festival - and there are quite a number of groups of 'em in places - would be at Prince but they'd be at the Roses in a heartbeat. I imagine that's true for those who prefer Prince too.

Made of Stone and Ten Storey Love Song are big sing along songs I'd suggest, especially the former

Tenuous though - can't envisage the whole field singing it like they would for Resurrection or Adored.

Edited by GlastoSimon

yep, and no one is talking about them. :lol:

Foo's convo was at it's height when they announced their stadium shows and it looked certain they were doing glastonbury.

Don't think they've been discussed since they were announced. Strange... Just goes to show how different glastonbury is to other festivals. At reading they'd be the talk of the show! At Glasto... Meh.

Foo's convo was at it's height when they announced their stadium shows and it looked certain they were doing glastonbury.

Don't think they've been discussed since they were announced. Strange... Just goes to show how different glastonbury is to other festivals. At reading they'd be the talk of the show! At Glasto... Meh.

Reading is nowhere near as good as Glasto.

That's a key point

Why are people missing the fact that the third headliner has already leaked? Announced as appearing and then quickly retracted

Surely the headliner on the Sunday will be the Dalai Lama

Sorry.....

Ducks for cover

The lineup will arrive when it arrives not matter how much we want it. Personally hoping tonight otherwise I suspect it will be a few weeks before we find out.

the chase is better than the catch, as the saying goes.

i don't really want this thread to end.. as soon as that third headliner is announced we'll be so disappointed.

you're so trusting.

lend us £20?

:girlhaha: I just want him to be right! I'm willing to forgive and forget that whole photo shopping nonsense and believe it was just a moment of madness!

I don't know any of you, so I dont really have a reason to disbelieve anybody :biggrin:

Edit:cannot spell

Edited by Wellyboot

I reckon any headliner these days has to be either youth-skewing or classic enough for a large number of youths to at least turn up (Stones, Stevie), yeah.

The Stone Roses fall into the second category in a big way.

Their comeback gigs proved this.

Maybe you don't consider them 'classic' enough but I would wager that a high percentage of young people with older siblings will be well versed on The Stone Roses and their musical influence and importance.

The crowd for them would be absolutely massive

Edited by Space Shanty

Actually this whole thread brings up one of my greatest bugbears about the whole festival thing. I simply don't like 'big singalongs' - I still remember Oasis '95 being just awful because all I could really here were the dozens of burly blokes around me singing every word in tonelessly flat drones. Blur '09 was similarly marred - and I know I'm in the minority with that. I would much rather hear something unpredictable and transcendent than attend a team karaoke event.

And while I'm at it, I'm kind of fed up of the whole, 'I've not heard that many of their songs' attitude. Honestly, it's like a boring dad leaning into the room, asking 'Who's this then?' 'Nirvana' 'Never heard of 'em?' like that's some kind of caveat for acceptability. I hadn't heard that much Arcade Fire or Kanye, but that should not be a basis on which a headliner should be booked!

+1. For a performance to be truly great it cannot be a compete singalong. Much like a good album it must have rises and falls.

And the whole last paragraph here is spot on

I love the Foos and I think they are gonna nail their friday slot.

But I haven't ever got the time to get excited about it! Because no one in this thread has started a Foo Fighters excitement thread.

*cue why don't you start one then*

I can believe it.

If you'd heard people banging on about how he only ever shits gold niggests and then you actually saw what he does, it's hardly a surprise that you'd be disappointed.

Prince is about as cool as Stevie Wonder dropping to his knees guitar-hero style, as he did.

He's a joy when he's playing with the NPG but 3rdEyeGirl are like a stompy pub rock band. Too much noodling.

That's because people just wanna know who it is. Once they get the info they move onto the next 'I wanna know'

I'm 18 and the Roses are one of my favourite ever bands, I have no siblings or anything like that and found them by myself, at Finsbury I seen lots of people round my age, they are definitely a classic band that appeals to young audiences

Exactly.

You're one of many I would suspect