• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I'm 18 and the Roses are one of my favourite ever bands, I have no siblings or anything like that and found them by myself, at Finsbury I seen lots of people round my age, they are definitely a classic band that appeals to young audiences

good on yer kid. these lot are a bunch of deluded prince loving tossers haha!

There's generations of teens and people in their 20s who grew up on Stone Roses music, because their dad's love it.

When I went to the Warrington gig, it was at the most 60/40 over 40s to under 30s

We have to find out why nobody between the ages of 30 and 40 likes The Stone Roses. The answer to our headliner may be there... I'll get to work! Edited by admscott

Did that many people under the age of 25 really know that many Stone Roses songs before the reunion hype? I mean XFM have played them and the NME has head headliners about them constantly ever since, but before that point? If Prince was announced and young people didn't know his stuff they'd be far more aware by the time of the festival.

None of the above is related as to how good either are really... just how aware the masses are of music and how the media influences them.

Did that many people under the age of 25 really know that many Stone Roses songs before the reunion hype? I mean XFM have played them and the NME has head headliners about them constantly ever since, but before that point? If Prince was announced and young people didn't know his stuff they'd be far more aware by the time of the festival.

None of the above is related as to how good either are really... just how aware the masses are of music and how the media influences them.

My Daughter's 6 and has been able to sing along to the Album for years (Dad trying to get her out of listening to the tosh my Mrs does.)

I think they did, but only because certain media outlets and publications constantly bang on about what 'legends' they are.

I can't think of many other examples of a band's entire current popularity being built upon the idea of the band, rather than the band itself, to such a ludicrous extent.

Prince headlining would be the most uninspiring of the 3 for me. I saw him at Leeds Direct Arena the other month purely as it was an opportunity to see somebody so globally "big" fairly locally.

Was pure shite.

I'm really not trying to turn this into a "Prince is shit" thread, but the worship from some goes beyond the ridiculous for what is just an 80s pop act and it needs a bit to counter it.

So thank you for your contribution. :)

While I'd love to see the Roses, anyone who claims they have more than an album and a third of decent songs is deluding themselves. 6 Songs that most British people would know, 12 for fans. If you think the bullshit 6 minute intros and bland guitar w*nk album tracks that pad out the 2 songs people would know off makes the second coming a good album you want your ears checked.

I'm 18 and the Roses are one of my favourite ever bands, I have no siblings or anything like that and found them by myself, at Finsbury I seen lots of people round my age, they are definitely a classic band that appeals to young audience

You sir, are why great music will never die, good work.

Jimi Hendrix is by far and away my favourite ever artist and he died a year after I was born.

Age means nothing if you know what you like.

Prince headlining would be the most uninspiring of the 3 for me. I saw him at Leeds Direct Arena the other month purely as it was an opportunity to see somebody so globally "big" fairly locally.

Was pure shite.

My mate was at that gig, who's opinion I value. Reckons it was the greatest thing he's ever seen.

I have to say it's on course to be the least inspiring set of headliners I've ever seen (obviously from my personal opinion). I'm a massive Foo's fan, but seen them a number of times and would like to see somebody else! I can't stand Kanye, and if it's florence or prince I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

I'll Look back at previous headliners like REM, Radiohead, Neil Young, macca, blur, oasis, Bowie, white stripes etc thinking what could have been.

Although part of me is glad as it gives me a reason to be elsewhere rather than glued to the pyramid.