• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I think people are defo over egging the Roses situation. When I went to V to see them they pulled in a smaller crowd than both Noel and Example (the Example crowd was mental). Add to this the fact they've already toured the reunion and been at V, T and IOW. I'd guess they wouldn't even draw a crowd the size of the Foo Fighters.

I have to say it's on course to be the least inspiring set of headliners I've ever seen (obviously from my personal opinion). I'm a massive Foo's fan, but seen them a number of times and would like to see somebody else! I can't stand Kanye, and if it's florence or prince I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

I'll Look back at previous headliners like REM, Radiohead, Neil Young, macca, blur, oasis, Bowie, white stripes etc thinking what could have been.

Although part of me is glad as it gives me a reason to be elsewhere rather than glued to the pyramid.

Agree with you about the Food. But Kanye and Prince are tier-one headliners in keeping with that list you posted. Eyes of the world fixed on Pilton kinda performances.

I have to say it's on course to be the least inspiring set of headliners I've ever seen (obviously from my personal opinion). I'm a massive Foo's fan, but seen them a number of times and would like to see somebody else! I can't stand Kanye, and if it's florence or prince I'm going to be pretty disappointed.

I'll Look back at previous headliners like REM, Radiohead, Neil Young, macca, blur, oasis, Bowie, white stripes etc thinking what could have been.

Although part of me is glad as it gives me a reason to be elsewhere rather than glued to the pyramid.

And my most uninspired was last year. Metallica, Kasabian and Arcade Fire, on the back of that stinker of an album they released. Opinions innit.

And my most uninspired was last year. Metallica, Kasabian and Arcade Fire, on the back of that stinker of an album they released. Opinions innit.

Haha, I loved Reflektor. Opinions innit. Hehe :P

Edited by Babyquack

I love how we have had about another 20 pages and no information.

Think it's clear now it is coming after the window closes.

If I'm right in saying the resale is the Sunday 12th then I don't think we'll get the 1st poster until after then. It's not going to be Flo, not that I defo think it is Prince but he's the only reason to let any potential ticket window pass 1st.

This was Prince's setlist from Hop Farm a few years back

We Live 2 Get Funky (inc. Rave Un2 The Joy Fantastic)

Let's Go Crazy

Delirious

Let's Go Crazy (reprise)

Little Red Corvette

Nothing Compares 2 U

Take Me With U

Raspberry Beret

Cream

Cool (inc. Don't Stop 'Til You Get Enough)

Let's Work

U Got The Look

Make You Feel My Love

Purple Rain

Kiss

Controversy

Play That Funky Music

Controversy (reprise, inc. Housequake chant)

Everyday People (with Larry Graham)

Come Together (with Larry Graham, Ashling Biscuit Cole)

I Want To Take You Higher (with Larry Graham, Ashling Biscuit Cole)

If I Was Your Girlfriend

Dance (Disco Heat)

Baby I'm A Star

I'd have no complaints with this. He'd undoubtedly throw a few new album tracks in there, but this is a great mix of hits/songs the majority of people will know, covers and songs more seasoned fans will appreciate.

I'd be happy with that one :)

Second side of Reflektor is the best thing they've done since Funeral.

which they played barely any of (in fact, only Afterlife wasn't it?)

also, if Prince does turn out to be the final headliner, this year's will be incredibly strong (especially coming off the back of last year, which i loved, but definitely didn't have the same wow factor)

Edited by FloorFiller

I wonder which one you mean here.

I presume you mean Fools Gold. But Manchester United come out to Thus Is The One.Millions of peoplehear that tune before every single home game.

I didn't know that. I just looked up the song and I didn't recognise it. But that's just me and I've never willingly watched a Manchester United game in my life.

That said, I don't think hearing it being echoed around a stadium through your TV is really listening to it.

an artist live can totally change your liking or not of their music

Surely this must have been proved true to every one of us who goes to festivals.

Bands I'd had a half interest in on record who blew me away live, bands I'd just been passing and liked what I heard and stayed, bands that mates liked that I'd tagged along to. Dozens of times over the years I've had these experiences.