• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Surely this must have been proved true to every one of us who goes to festivals.

Bands I'd had a half interest in on record who blew me away live, bands I'd just been passing and liked what I heard and stayed, bands that mates liked that I'd tagged along to. Dozens of times over the years I've had these experiences.

I've yet to see a single credible post slating Stevie Wonder's performance a couple years back. Contrasts somewhat with the lukewarm reaction his announcement got at the time.

ah so they did, forgot about that one

still a goddamn farce that Awful Sound was barely (ever?) played. best song on there imo

I'd much sooner have taken that than Joan of Arc or Flashbulb Eyes which they played almost every set.

Saying that, picking the perfect set for AF is an impossible task.

I went absolutely mental when they started Keep The Car Running, was convinced I'd not see them play it after dropping it for most of last year.

Weren't the Roses shit when they reformed? I'm sure I heard a lot of people saying the performances were pretty terrible. They weren't exactly the best live band ever to start with. Not sure it'd go down too well with the BBC viewers.

The stone roses look to be one of the worst live acts ever

But that's because I'm not really a fan... And tbh I'm hoping all this goss is true so I can be elsewhere on the Sunday :)

Leave the field to the fans, treating how I'd like to be treated on the fri and sat

Edited by Matt42

Weren't the Roses shit when they reformed? I'm sure I heard a lot of people saying the performances were pretty terrible. They weren't exactly the best live band ever to start with. Not sure it'd go down too well with the BBC viewers.

As a big roses fan I can say that they would look awful on bbc.

But do we give a shit when we r there

I fail to understand how no one gets a massive rush when they hear "I'VE GOT ANOTHER CONFESSION TO MAKE"

It's okay Matt me and the fella are really looking forward to see the Foos again, already seeing them at their own gig in May too - you can never have enough Foos don't care if others don't like them!!

We'll be there singing badly & jumping around like loons :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

It's okay Matt me and the fella are really looking forward to see the Foos again, already seeing them at their own gig in May too - you can never have enough Foos don't care if others don't like them!!

We'll be there singing badly & jumping around like loons :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

Finally a fan! I will join you 'shop till drop' even if it's only us in the pyramid field :P

all about opinion. also depends which gig said people may have went to. Heaton park gigs were one of the best in recent memory for me. I seen them at V though and Ians voice wasn't the best. Gig was still decent though purely to watch reni, mani and squire perform but others who may not have been 'fans' possibly may not have enjoyed it.

they were anything other than 'shit' though in my opinion

I think people are defo over egging the Roses situation. When I went to V to see them they pulled in a smaller crowd than both Noel and Example (the Example crowd was mental). Add to this the fact they've already toured the reunion and been at V, T and IOW. I'd guess they wouldn't even draw a crowd the size of the Foo Fighters.

As a percentage of the overall crowd, Glasto would have MUCH more Roses fans than V ffs.

all about opinion. also depends which gig said people may have went to. Heaton park gigs were one of the best in recent memory for me. I seen them at V though and Ians voice wasn't the best. Gig was still decent though purely to watch reni, mani and squire perform but others who may not have been 'fans' possibly may not have enjoyed it.

they were anything other than 'shit' though in my opinion

Yea couldnt agree more, saw them at Heaton and Finsbury and were brilliant both times. This is one could be my fave ever live song, it was magical!

Surely this must have been proved true to every one of us who goes to festivals.

Bands I'd had a half interest in on record who blew me away live, bands I'd just been passing and liked what I heard and stayed, bands that mates liked that I'd tagged along to. Dozens of times over the years I've had these experiences.

Happened to me with Janelle Monae last year, phenomenal.

Of course it can often happen the other way round too. Thought The Vaccines were ace before they put me to sleep when I saw them at V.. zzz

Edited by Zac Quinn

Any excuse to post this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

Everytime I watch that I come away with a massive grin. I don't know if it's because the musicianship is so great, that they all seem to be having a great time playing or if it's just my amusement at Prince's guitar sex face. I also picture that above the artists, out of site, is someone hanging upside down on a trapeze the whole time, just waiting to catch Prince's guitar at the end.

U go to your favourite act that is playing at that time. If there's none on U go to where Ur mates wanna go, or to somewhere else non musical, or best of all u watch bands U never heard or have much care for where expectation is low. I'm no fan of taylor swift but if nothing else was on I might give it a bash, u never know. Might be a Martin Ashford in me somewhere.

Could maybe have phrased that better

why do people always reference this video? it's just a bunch of boring middle aged dad-rock guys playing an uninspired cover with price jerking off all over it.

Yes, that's what it is. I love it. The Rolling Stones with Fergie one is great as well (although it shows up how painfully dull U2 really are).

Any excuse to post this video...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6SFNW5F8K9Y

If Prince plays there's some classic stills you can pull from this video for the annual 'sex face' thread.

EDIT - just seen I was beaten to it by Spindles...

Edited by **claire**

I'll be there dancing like a loon for the Foos too - spent the last few days listening through the back catalogue and had forgotten just how many of their tunes I really like

Help - were do I start to really get what the foos are about?

I've heard the radio played to death stuff but they've not got me yet and I find myself thinking how much I wish I'd seen Nirvana

What 5 Foos tracks define them best please?