• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I get fed up of the worship, and point out that not everyone thinks he shits gold.

If that's too much for the worshippers that they can never accept that, it's them you need to be having a word with and not me. :)

Yes agreed, that applies to most artists though, not least Bruce and the Stone Roses in the last 20 pages.

You do seem to reserve a particular level of disgust for the purple one that I just don't follow. There have been numerous pop acts at Glastonbury that have barely warranted a comment from you.

Hmmm. Would I be getting the 'what they think of the music' answer, or the alternatively created answer that's mostly around MJ? :P

I know there's more to all of this than I'm saying, just as there's more to it than I'm responding against. It's what others are saying which is the lead for my responses.

They're talking mainstream. You're not.

I'm talking Prince. He has a 30 something year career to call on, some good some not so good. But he is and has been for many years one of the great live performers around. Anyone who saw him last year may have noticed that. Did you slag the stones off two years ago cos Beast of Burden and Steel Wheels weren't as good as the early stuff?

Edited by bunfight

ahh, part of the later crew. Perhaps that's why? :P

You and the tabloids, you've got a lot of crimes to answer for.

No, my first piece was published in 1983 in the week that Hand in Glove was released, which had some bearing on why I got the gig.

Not that we didn't (frequently) think Prince was a little tosser at the NME -- but we thought that was a small price to pay for his amazing output in those days.

The National have just released a new (very unexpected) single on the online platforms. (/LsR1t7aZuP)

What do you all think to a possible Other Stage headline slot after they were snubbed last year?

It was all very confusing as to why they were not involved last year, after that very successful record. The band even commented on the matter at there roundhouse gig, saying they were annoyed.

Edited by ryan.wills

The National have just released a new (very unexpected) single on the online platforms. (/LsR1t7aZuP)

What do you all think to a possible Other Stage headline slot after they were snubbed last year?

It was all very confusing as to why they were not involved last year, after that very successful record. The band even commented on the matter at there roundhouse gig, saying they were annoyed.

awesome. if they were I hope its on sunday night and florence headlines then.

What did they say? Impression I got was that they weren't wanted as headliners and were too big/expensive for any other slot (although they subbed Neil in Hyde Park).