• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Even as a Prince fan I wouldn't disagree with this. Lovesexy itself isn't *bad*, but it was probably the end of his run of consistently great albums in the 80's

You could certainly count it as the start of his decline in some ways, but I see it as his last really genius album. I had a shoddy tape copy of the black album, which was the record he'd hoped to put out and Lovesexy is a million times better than that, which his record company were right in saying would have killed his career in one fell swoop.

To say that Prince was some sort of Smash hits artist is pure revisionism. He was certainly pop and he might have been in the mainstream in the early to mid 80s, but he was always a little leftfield, particularly from the late 80s onwards. Judging an artist like Prince on the basis of singles is a big mistake, like judging Pink Floyd on only ever hearing another brick in the wall and comfortably numb.

Who knows anything about these add-ons that monitor changes on a website? I've just had a second alert today that there's been a change on the lineup page.

Nearly had a heart attack - but again, nothing has changed!

Am I being stupidly optimistic if I tell myself it's because they're doing wonderful things behind the scenes, ready for an announcement? (or have I simply broken the internet?)

New National song sounds like a b-side from the last album to promote worldwide release of the film.

Never mind.

:'(

Yeah I wasn't expecting a new album or anything as it's too soon since Trouble Will Find Me for that so releasing it to promote the film makes a bit more sense.

We have an update from the journalists at Crossways North Wooton!

Crossways North Wootton we are also still awaiting the news on the line up & disappointed it still hasn't been announced yet!

Perhaps Michael and his widfe didn't talk about the line-up enough while they were in the pub, are still talking about it now, and we'll only get an announcement when they've stopped talking about the line-up? :P

I take it the website being down is nothing? I cam don't have the time to read through the pages I've missed, I hope it is tonight and not next week as I am going to snowbombing and will have minimal access to the tinternet

Festival site

I'm having a bbq sunday evening for the missus birthday and would quite like to have a playlist of a newly released lineup on in the back ground.

That idea's gone down the toilet now :(

Take a look at http://www.efestivals.co.uk/forums/topic/174226-setlist-based-spotify-playlist/- pick out some of the stuff you like from there.

To be honest I've looked at the announcements for the last few years and it doesn't seem like any of them were announced at exactly on the hour. Most of the announcements on the radio were 'from 8am' - but not posted online until 20 mins after.

The Foos were announced at quarter past 7 in the evening and Kanye was announced at 20 to 8 in the evening.

I might give it a bash, u never know. Might be a Martin Ashford in me somewhere.

Only if you are wearing a Taylor Swift Mask!

Prince, Michael Jackson, Fleetwood Mac etc are generally liked by youngish 'serious' music fans now, and some of their albums got exceptionally good reviews.

Yup, they claim to be but have you seen the Taylor Swift thread on here?!

Good news guys, the festival site has been shut down!

https://twitter.com//status/583617562556178432

"Can you feel it coming"

This seems earlier than normal! (Unless you can still email the Festival office? I know people who went for a vist later in the year than this last year!)

A member of this forum can go one better than that pub because he's seeing Eavis in approx. 2 hours.

Stop stalking him! :P

To be honest I've looked at the announcements for the last few years and it doesn't seem like any of them were announced at exactly on the hour. Most of the announcements on the radio were 'from 8am' - but not posted online until 20 mins after.

The Foos were announced at quarter past 7 in the evening and Kanye was announced at 20 to 8 in the evening.

The full poster went up at exactly 7pm last year, I remember Zane had ME on the phone to 'announce' Metallica and they were still dragging out who it was going to be at five past when the world already knew..