Acid_Haze

I remember refreshing the website in 2013 at like 6:55 and just sitting there in complete shock...

Whilst on radio one they were talking about how glastonbury was back etc!

That was magical. It was my first year going, my first experience of the lineup dropping! Magnificent!

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Have they ever announced a line up poster at a time that isn't 8am or 7pm?

yeah ... can't remember the year, but not as long as 7 years ago, I was in a pub and the footie had just kicked off and i'd ordered some grub, when I got a call to say the line-up was coming in a couple of hours or so .... I didn't feel rushed enough to leave my pint or food.

Sometime after I got home and before embargo time while I was still writing it up a guardian journo twittered something about it coming soon, something i'd been asked not to do.

yeah ... can't remember the year, but not as long as 7 years ago, I was in a pub and the footie had just kicked off and i'd ordered some grub, when I got a call to say the line-up was coming in a couple of hours or so .... I didn't feel rushed enough to leave my pint or food.

Sometime after I got home and before embargo time while I was still writing it up a guardian journo twittered something about it coming soon, something i'd been asked not to do.

Neil.. After all this time do you still get excited when someone gives you the thumbs up that it is imminent?

I remember refreshing the website in 2013 at like 6:55 and just sitting there in complete shock...

Whilst on radio one they were talking about how glastonbury was back etc!

That was magical. It was my first year going, my first experience of the lineup dropping! Magnificent!

That's the same as me. First year and getting a fairly full line up so early has made the wait this year so much worse...

That's the same as me. First year and getting a fairly full line up so early has made the wait this year so much worse...

To be honest when I first went in 2011 I paid no attention to the line-up announcement - I don't even think that I noticed when the headliners were announced -I just got the email when the full line-up was out. Oh To be young again. Now I'm sat here refreshing like a mofo.

More daunted - at the huge amount of work that I need to get thru asap.

What's the smallest amount of notice you've been given? 2013 was like 5 hours before, and I remember last year was a few hours before as well... (not that that's a massive amount of time :cheese: )

It doesnt really ma

and Beyonce, Herbie Hancock, Sinead O'Connor, Chaka Khan, Foo Fighters, Jesus Mary Chain, Surjan Stevens., Incubus, Etta James, D' Angelo, Gary Numan, Buddy Miles, Patti Smith etc

Hmm at least half that list are shite.

Tom Jones still the nadir though.

What's the smallest amount of notice you've been given? 2013 was like 5 hours before, and I remember last year was a few hours before as well... (not that that's a massive amount of time :cheese: )

It's never been a huge amount in recent years - not enough to get it all written up in the way it gets done here - and I'm not even sure if we've always had it in advance. I can remember working off the website some years, tho that might have only been because it was the best of the various formats/layouts we might have had available to use.

I'm not sat here thinking it's imminent right now, and i hope it's not coming over the next 4 days as that's a bit inconvenient for me, and I hope it's not coming next week as Scott is on holiday.

So the week after next at earliest, please Mr Eavis. :)

Edited by eFestivals

Seems about right. It's very rare for them to tweet or update more then once in a day (That isn't T-Day)

When the lineup drops the whole page just shows the lineup, so any announcements made previously can't be seen.

I'd say that officially means no lineup today guys!