Acid_Haze

The numbers I'd like to know would be Wednesday at 7pm and then Saturday morning. The first day and then the day after some people get paid, people doing it on the weekend and stuff.

I reckon you'd need to go up-to midnight as the first decent measure point, because while there's obsessives like us here who paid up by 2 minutes past nine, for others it's only important that it's done at some point - so could choose to do it at any point of the day which is convenient for them.

If that has similar numbers to other years, then I think it's unlikely far fewer will pay up this year, due to Kanye.

You can only find out an absolute measure of any Kanye effect by not announcing at all tho, so I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement silence lasts at least as long as the payment window, especially with Easter in the middle of it when announcing would be less effective anyway.

• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

I reckon you'd need to go up-to midnight as the first decent measure point, because while there's obsessives like us here who paid up by 2 minutes past nine, for others it's only important that it's done at some point - so could choose to do it at any point of the day which is convenient for them.

If that has similar numbers to other years, then I think it's unlikely far fewer will pay up this year, due to Kanye.

You can only find out an absolute measure of any Kanye effect by not announcing at all tho, so I wouldn't be surprised if the announcement silence lasts at least as long as the payment window, especially with Easter in the middle of it when announcing would be less effective anyway.

I know I paid and I would pay no matter what but to give the resale the full line up and expect the people that got tickets originally very little may hamper some peoples good will towards the festival..

If the silence is continued till after the payment window is shut then I think it should then till after April 22nd as well.

I know I paid and I would pay no matter what but to give the resale the full line up and expect the people that got tickets originally very little may hamper some peoples good will towards the festival..

If the silence is continued till after the payment window is shut then I think it should then till after April 22nd as well.

im not religious but *prays*.

You can only find out an absolute measure of any Kanye effect by not announcing at all tho

Not really. At the moment any comparison would be more a measure of sales if a) there was a line-up announced and b ) there wasn't one.

The lack of line-up is a big extra variable in the mix at the moment which stops any meaningful comparison.

To measure Kanye you need to similar (or no) line-ups, one without Kanye and one with and then compare.

Edited by strummer77

The only thing about this whole "Measuring the Kanye effect" thing is - What actual real quantifiable purpose does it serve them?

They could be doing it so that they choose similar headliners in future years I guess, but to what end? Seems like they make their own decisions anyway.

Surely it can't just be some kind of crazy social experiment?

I'm 35 and don't recognise any of them. I wish you'd told me before I paid my balance that I don't have a general interest in music, could have saved me the time and money.

I hadn't heard of Little Red Corvette either, but when someone posted it on here a while back, I listened and realised that in fact I STILL didn't know it.

Think this may very well be the case if tickets are being paid off at a good rate, maybe we will hear nothing til after the resale, personally I've paid and I'd like to know the line up but it's not essential, I dunno who this easter fella is anyway getting in the way of proceedings

I hadn't heard of Little Red Corvette either, but when someone posted it on here a while back, I listened and realised that in fact I STILL didn't know it.

Well, what did you think?

I find it curious to think of that song being heard for the first time.

To measure Kanye you need to similar (or no) line-ups, one without Kanye and one with and then compare.

they've got the no-Kanye data from previous years, with more announced at those times too.

So as long as this year is in the same ballpark, then they can rightly claim no meaningful Kanye-effect and then ignore and similar future fusses.

Im going with Taylor Swift

Then its Rock,Rap, and Pop/Country

Man, you are the only person speaking sense. There seem to be a lot of folks in denial that she could be the headliner. To my mind she is now the obvious contender and until she rules herself out or the official line up is released I'm standing my ground. Michael's first comments last year. We want Oasis and Taylor Swift. If she plays we will mainly get a belting pop show of 1989 songs and a selection of her back catalogue but there is not going to be much country as she has changed her entire band. It is likely to sound more pop/ rock I would say

Numbers might be down this week anyway due to the clash with the Easter weekend. A lot of folks will be away or in the pub or just generally away from wherever they usually do their admin.

I don't buy that, people have had from 9am Wed morning, you won't sit in a pub all day for the whole weekend, it takes 5 mins to enter details and pay off the balance. The earliest people would have gone away would of been today.

I have left my headphones in the office over the Easter weekend (doh!). However, it has made me feel better to find you all bickering over what to call something made 2 years ago one idle afternoon at work to aid discussions such as these. Thanks guys :)

Looking carefully at the [insert name here] it would seem that 14 April or thereabouts could be most likely for any kind of announcement sadly. I was previously in the 1st April camp too.

Hi guys,

I've posted here before but forgot my password so had to make a new account!

I work within the concert/festival lighting industry, so am quite within the loop with festival requirements etc (although I am not aware of the Glastonbury lineup unfortunately!)

However, the company that supplies lighting to most of the Glastonbury main stages (called NEG Earth) has had their warehouse burnt to the ground in the early hours of this morning, which has meant that a lot of the lighting stock has been destroyed by fire.

I have no idea if Glastonbury we're going to realise their lineup today, but could it not be a possibility that since this has happened that this has had to take priority in GFL's eyes so that they can ensure a backup plan for providing lighting services to the Pyramid, Other and WH (the stages that NEG Earth supply). As I say, I've no idea of lineup plans that GFL have, but I've been very busy today trying to sort out contingencies for upcoming shows! What do you think?