• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

From all that is speculated, I guess there are 4 main reasons why the line up announcement has yet to be made:

1 They want to measure ticket take up to judge the Kanye factor - if so an announcement later next week is likely

2 The third headliner is not certain yet - ie P***** but if not then Flo - but would be pressure to resolve within next couple of weeks

3 They want to delay to be later than last year to work towards Eavis's aim of the festival not being dominated by the line up, so more likely May announcement

4 It's not unusual the line up isn't out yet - several years were later than this

Edited by dangerous1957

Wasn't Neil pretty confident all three headliners are in place, all signed up etc. though?

Large pinch of salt but....

"Queen? Not Queen, no, no." he said. "Fleetwood Mac don't seem to be available at the moment. But we've got three excellent headliners for next year."

Pressed on the matter, Eavis added: "One of them has been around for quite a long time."

When asked whether the other two were "fairly current", Eavis replied: "Yes. It will remain a mystery until April 1 next year!"

Wasn't Neil pretty confident all three headliners are in place, all signed up etc. though?

Don't see why that rules out The Roses, I know Neil's fairly sure it's not them but he's not done particularly well this year on the headliner front (no offence). Just think they're a decent pick, good at keeping things secret too.

From all that is speculated, I guess there are 4 main reasons why the line up announcement has yet to be made:

1 They want to measure ticket take up to judge the Kanye factor - if so an announcement later next week is likely

2 The third headliner is not certain yet - ie P***** but if not then Flo - but would be pressure to resolve within next couple of weeks

3 They want to delay to be later than last year to work towards Eavis's aim of the festival not being dominated by the line up, so more likely May announcement

4 It's not unusual the line up isn't out yet - several years were later than this

Option 3 is my guess

Don't see why that rules out The Roses, I know Neil's fairly sure it's not them but he's not done particularly well this year on the headliner front (no offence). Just think they're a decent pick, good at keeping things secret too.

I posted that on my phone before all the Roses comments but the dodgy internet meant it took ages to go through.

I was on about Prince :P

Anybody think passenger may be there? He's in Europe on the 25th & 28th, leaves him free on the Friday and Saturday, but haven't seen him mentioned in any of the line up guesses.

Very possible, I would guess mid-Other/high JP. Or failing that perhaps very high Acoustic. Though I'm no authority on gauging his popularity.