• Replies 37.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• eFestivals

• FloorFiller

• Matt42

• Rose-Colored Boy

Where did the Roses rumour even come from?! Their website and twitter has been inactive for a year now.

Yea this thread. Few tweets, and just the silence from any of the members except mani, who said "2015 man, 2015" when asked a couple of years back. Xfm Scotland also tweeted something intresting the other day!

Oh and the website has new merchandise on sale from mid April, which is also intresting!

Edited by Bonehead> Clapton

I think people are just attempting to join up the dots.

It makes sense for the Roses to play, especially if they have new tunes.

Plus the members of the Roses have never been this quiet and something seems amiss.

could it just be that they are quiet because they've now got full bank accounts? i dunno. i'd love to see them again though so i hope it's them.

The Roses aren't the type to find themselves in the papers every day for any small thing they do though are they?

They've gone quiet because I can imagine Ian can probably walk down a street without being hounded by press.

Ian Brown was in the papaers the other week. Nothing to do with the Roses though.

The Stone Roses frontman Ian Brown was set masturbation homework by his biology teacher, the future TV weatherman Fred Talbot, a court has heard.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/27/fred-talbot-boys-masturbate-ian-brown-court

which is about as weird as things get, i suppose.

Haven't they been this quiet since Summer 2013?

Haven't they been this quiet since Summer 2013?

No because I actually heard some news. The fact they were not allowed to play for 12 months due to their agreement with SJM. The last 12 months has been the quietest that they have ever been.

could it just be that they are quiet because they've now got full bank accounts? i dunno. i'd love to see them again though so i hope it's them.

It could be. But I reckon Brown and Mani would have been involved in something music related, especially now they don't have any financial worries. The only sighting of Brown has been in court when testifying against Fred The Weatherman.

They are all unusually quiet at present (except Reni who is always quiet).

Edited by eastynh

Christ

if booking acts like Kanye gets people like this to leave

then please emily - push these fuckers far from the festival

http://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/2015/apr/04/modern-tribes-glastonbury-festival-veteran#comment-49923434

Hmmmm. That cartoon character resembles a certain person - me!! The article is a load of shit though. I was at The Smiths back in the 80's and was unimpressed by the mud slinging. I'd already seen them and was a bit of a fan.I'm not one that thinks the old days were so much better. 2008 was a fantastic year and Jay Z finally won me over to the only kind of music I couldn't connect to.

Didn't dynamo or some other magician visit Ian 'in the studio' and do a magic trick with him?

He dd yeah, not sure when that was filmed though. That actually made me change my mind on Brown a bit, he always struck me as a knobhead in the mould of the Gallagher's but came across alright during that.

Ian Brown was in the papaers the other week. Nothing to do with the Roses though.

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2015/jan/27/fred-talbot-boys-masturbate-ian-brown-court

which is about as weird as things get, i suppose.

Ian Brown's responses there are cool as fuck.

'Do you blame him for failing biology'

'I couldn't care less'

What an absurd question to ask.

He dd yeah, not sure when that was filmed though. That actually made me change my mind on Brown a bit, he always struck me as a knobhead in the mould of the Gallagher's but came across alright during that.

He's incomparable to the Gallaghers. They are complete frauds.

Best story I heard about the roses and oasis is that oasis could never keep up with them and the roses always nicked their drugs when they were passed out :lol: