• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Evening all. I've enjoyed your travel posts too fy,but I agree,there are more adventures to come. Ours have brought us to Singleton today. We've walked the waterfall walk, and the time change this morning has given me jet lag. I'm in bed already.

well thats the week end outa the way .........hope you all had a good time cos soon itll be to cold to leave the house ...................init

It's too hot to leave the house here today, believe it or not. Like standing next to a furnace. I've had to shut the curtains to keep the heat out. If it weren't for the air con, I'd melt!

The force is strong. I have no way of overcoming it. I've just bought some Beardyman tickets for late November. Please baby Jesus give me the inclination to go and see Beardyman when the time arrives. Amen.

I know that feeling. The number of gigs for which I bought tickets yet never attended is a number i never want to know.

I know that feeling. The number of gigs for which I bought tickets yet never attended is a number i never want to know.

I have never willingly done that. Two occasions I have bought tickets and not gone - first was for Ben and Ian from Gomez who played in London two days after our first Glastonbury in 2007. Totally forgot until about three months later.

The second was this year which still causes me much pain and grief (I'm sure I mentioned it at the time...)

I have never willingly done that. Two occasions I have bought tickets and not gone - first was for Ben and Ian from Gomez who played in London two days after our first Glastonbury in 2007. Totally forgot until about three months later.

The second was this year which still causes me much pain and grief (I'm sure I mentioned it at the time...)

I have lost count of the number of tickets I have bought for events I never attended. I feel up for it when I buy the tickets but can't be arsed when the time comes around. That said, there will be two exceptions to this soon - we're going to see James and then Beardyman in late November. I know in my heart of hearts that if I try to dance then I'll probably have a coronary. I guess I'm just going to have to do the grandad shuffle. Painful to watch but very pleasing to perform in a perverted kind of way. I'll out grandad any grandad on the block. I'll even wear denim on denim with black leather shoes to get a result.

I have never bought tickets for something then not gone. Mind you, I only buy tickets for things I really want to go to. My next gig is Carter USM's final (apparently) ever gig in Brixton in November. Unless you count a silent movie with organ accompaniamnet as a gig! I'm going to one of those next week. Must remember to buy a ticket. That's my usual trick, totally forget to get a ticket then something sells out.

I have never bought tickets for something then not gone. Mind you, I only buy tickets for things I really want to go to. My next gig is Carter USM's final (apparently) ever gig in Brixton in November. Unless you count a silent movie with organ accompaniamnet as a gig! I'm going to one of those next week. Must remember to buy a ticket. That's my usual trick, totally forget to get a ticket then something sells out.

I think I'm the same, it's bad enough missing Dreadzone every year at Glastonbury, let alone missing a gig when there are no clashes at all!