• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Morning all. 2nd day of staycation today, with coffee in bed, the radio on, travel mags in hand. Beats working for a living! Just could do with it being June.

Welcome Brunette, you're helping us to be more representative in hair colour too.

My story is nowhere near as sad as yours! I've just never been that good at making friends. Never had any friends in school (I was in the group of loners), had a few in college, just a couple in uni. Online I have met so many people (particularly Marillion fans) who have become firm friends. I even met my husband!

I've lived in all different parts of the country and I'm also a bit rubbish at keeping in touch with people. Facebook has changed that. I can start or get involved with conversations with people I hardly ever see in person. I can much more easily arrange to meet up with people who I otherwise wouldn't see and who would otherwise probably drift out of my life.

I guess I feel less lonely in the company of my phone than I would without it because for me my phone is my connection to my friends. I've never been good at talking on the phone so to be able to chat in text works much better for me. I'm generally pretty happy on my own but it's nice to have other people in your life too.

I'm glad you're in a better place now and, although I've not been that low I can totally relate to your story. The Internet is a wonderful communication tool.

Eerily similar to me! Except for the Marilyn bit!!