NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

well tax dodging is quite a biggie

Don't start me on over packaging!

Just don't like using Amazon - it feels like Tescos - taking over the high street, putting local business out of business. But sometimes needs must and I would go through efests .

It's a tricky one - actually the Amazon Marketplace helps a lot of people to be a micro-business and can give a lot of small businesses a great place to advertise their wares.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

My fave things for a cold damp day (it turned cold here at around 10.30!!)

Booking gig tickets.

Three down................. who knows how many more to go :rock:

Go on then.....what gigs have you booked?

We are just trying to decide whether to go to Boomtown this year or not. There was talk of expanding again which I'm not sure would be a good thing and it's the weekend before our son gets married - might not be the best timing.

Go on then.....what gigs have you booked?

We are just trying to decide whether to go to Boomtown this year or not. There was talk of expanding again which I'm not sure would be a good thing and it's the weekend before our son gets married - might not be the best timing.

Alvvays @ Thekla in Bristol

Sex Pissed Dolls @ The Fleece in Bristol

Boogie Nights (Which is Rose Royce, Alexander O'Neal and Heatwave all in one night!) @ Cheltenham Town Hall

So many more to be considered too!!

Have 5 festies booked and may book more small ones but not til much nearer the dates..................... We are at BT, GF, Larmer Tree< Shambala and SEITD

Alvvays @ Thekla in Bristol

Sex Pissed Dolls @ The Fleece in Bristol

Boogie Nights (Which is Rose Royce, Alexander O'Neal and Heatwave all in one night!) @ Cheltenham Town Hall

So many more to be considered too!!

Have 5 festies booked and may book more small ones but not til much nearer the dates..................... We are at BT, GF, Larmer Tree< Shambala and SEITD

Ahh Cheltenham town hall, I lived in that town many years ago and have many fond memories of gigs there.

We're going to do this years festival planning this weekend. We already have Shambala, GF, Godney Gathering but may change our other regular ones especially now I'm not limited to school holidays.

Thanks for the feedback on seats. Other news is that one of the cats....has moved!! 4 hours in the same place, and the cat too. Kettle on, and another potter around.

Out 2 cats have recently got up, eaten and then returned to the same place they had been for hours.

They will do something else later, maybe.

I envy you your flexibility (but then like having the kids around too). Our planning is more on sorting out the house and holidays, both with and without the girls next year, as they'll spend time with their dad. Reading my travel mags and fatyeti's posts aren't conducive to staying in my job :-)

I envy you your flexibility (but then like having the kids around too). Our planning is more on sorting out the house and holidays, both with and without the girls next year, as they'll spend time with their dad. Reading my travel mags and fatyeti's posts aren't conducive to staying in my job :-)

Hard decisions were made many years ago about life, family and work.

We made decisions and then took one hell of a gamble and I think I can say now, over 10 years on from the final gamble that it worked out pretty damn well.

Glad it's worked out for you mate. I bottled stuff like that for years but finally took a massive risk work/life wise this year. Still unsure if it's gonna work but I had a bit of a midlife crisis last year and decided I'd rather fail spectacularly than twenty years later regret not trying.

Good on you and I really hope it works out for you.

Change is often hard but big life change is hard and scary.

One of the very positive things we have as a result of everything are all the fantastic folks we have met through this site - something that would never have happened if we had kept our old 'life' or distinct lack of it.

Hooray for new friends!

I occasionally (and it's really not very often) have a moment of "should i do something else" but I am very much a "I need roots" person, so I'd need a base. I think it's why I would prefer to have holidays, rather than travel for a long period of time. That and I just can't afford it!!

Much as I love reading Mr Yeti's travel adventures, and looking at pictures, I am not sure I could deal with the uncertainty of it all. Not for a long while anyway.

But then, I may change my mind about all that one day!

Yeah, taking the plunge is terrifying, when I quit my job to go freelance, even though I was getting work, I felt like I was permanently unemployed. Now I feel unsackable! I get to see baby 2 hats all through the day, don't have to feel like I'm begging if I need a doctors appointment and generally get to do as I please during the day. Of course, there are ups and downs, but on the whole it's great. LinkedIn told me on Monday that I've been doing it for 3 years, so it seems to be working.

It has made me slightly madder than before, but that's no bad thing :P

Glad it's worked out for you mate. I bottled stuff like that for years but finally took a massive risk work/life wise this year. Still unsure if it's gonna work but I had a bit of a midlife crisis last year and decided I'd rather fail spectacularly than twenty years later regret not trying.

Debbie and I are currently (well over the last year) discussing future plans, having no children and owning the house you start thinking if anything happens then all our struggling and hard work is for nothing. Seriously considering selling up and moving to a cheaper area and living off the procedes together with a part time job to top the money up.

The discussions I am sure will continue for a bit longer.

Hard decisions were made many years ago about life, family and work.

We made decisions and then took one hell of a gamble and I think I can say now, over 10 years on from the final gamble that it worked out pretty damn well.