• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

In my bed in Birmingham! So much for Narnia. Mind you, they'll be those who would say that Birmingham is a land of mythical beasts and talking animals! I am going in to town tonight for the first time in years. They'll be some strange sights there, I expect.

You'll definitely see some animals in brum town, can't walk 5 metres without being hounded by people for spare change. Edited by cokebabies92

You'll definitely see some animals in brum town, can't walk 5 metres without being hounded by people for spare change.

There seem to be more beggars everywhere I go now. It's a sad sign of the times. I always give people change if I have got it on me. I've also bought food for people on occasion. A couple of wrong moves and many of us could be in their boat - see the statistics below from Shelter;

• 35%, equivalent to 8.6 million people, could not pay their rent or mortgage from their savings for more than a month.
  • 18%, equivalent to 4.4 million people, wouldn’t be able to pay their rent or mortgage at all if they couldn’t secure a new job immediately.

On a positive change of subject, it's GLORIOUS in Manchester! Off to hit the glühwein, meeting up with my sister who's coming up from Essex then seeing a Marillion tribute band in Bolton. Many friends and much merriment ahead.

Back to Manc tomorrow for shopping, Interstellar at the iMax and John Grant at Bridgewater Hall.

On a positive change of subject, it's GLORIOUS in Manchester! Off to hit the glühwein, meeting up with my sister who's coming up from Essex then seeing a Marillion tribute band in Bolton. Many friends and much merriment ahead.

Back to Manc tomorrow for shopping, Interstellar at the iMax and John Grant at Bridgewater Hall.

We're off down to the markets soon, now the weather has cleared up. Beautiful day now!

Despite my fondness for alcohol, I just can't stand glühwein. I've tried is several times because I 'want' to like it, but every time I have either had to leave the drink or give it to someone else.

HMV - I hope that the crying session under your blanket is short lived and happier times come sooner rather than later. Just a thought - couldn't you make your own glühwein? Might be fun.

Oh its all good in the hood Yog! Just gutted I'm missing JG cos I didn't go and see him at Glasto cos this gig was on the cards.

But got lots to look forward to at the moment. Just the weekend before payday and it burns! So hiding my broke ass under me blanky and watching telly. Just been out with the pooches and they have had a marvelous time jumping in all the puddles. So two soaked happy dogs and a snuggly furry mammy.

Goes to check cupboards to see if I have the ingredients to add to some wine to make it mulled......