• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Oh its all good in the hood Yog! Just gutted I'm missing JG cos I didn't go and see him at Glasto cos this gig was on the cards.

But got lots to look forward to at the moment. Just the weekend before payday and it burns! So hiding my broke ass under me blanky and watching telly. Just been out with the pooches and they have had a marvelous time jumping in all the puddles. So two soaked happy dogs and a snuggly furry mammy.

Goes to check cupboards to see if I have the ingredients to add to some wine to make it mulled......

Happy to hear it's not that bad HMV.

I used to have a springer spaniel who had a demented fondness for water. Drying her off with a towel was a nightmare as she didn't want to be dried off. I was walking her in a local park one day and she saw some ducks in the large pond there. That was it - she was off running like an athlete and straight into the pond swimming trying to get to the ducks. As I watched this performance I noticed a lad on a bike watching the antics of my swimming and barking dog. I continued to watch him as he veered off the cycle path and went straight into the pond himself, along with his bike. Fortunately it was only about three foot deep and he was able to stand up and get him and his bike out of the pond.

Off out to see James tonight and Beardyman tomorrow night. I'm also supposed to be hooking up with a 50th birthday celebration after tonights gig. This is all very well in theory, but as funds are now critically low then it means that I'll have to remember not to go mad with the drink, which rather takes out the pleasure of being out somewhat. That said, I'll be sneaking some drinks into the venue so that'll cut down costs.

Major change of plan for this evening. We are no longer going to see James. It's a monumental waste of two tickets, but it was a choice between going or seeing my wife's anxiety attack about going deepen. As she is happy to hook up with the 50th birthday celebrations we are now doing that instead. Just to add a little je ne sais quoi to the evening I have now just dropped some mushrooms. I also have the remainder of the mushrooms in a little bag to give to the person whose 50th it is. I know for a fact that he's going to be delighted with that little present.

Hope you're all having fun.

Major change of plan for this evening. We are no longer going to see James. It's a monumental waste of two tickets, but it was a choice between going or seeing my wife's anxiety attack about going deepen. As she is happy to hook up with the 50th birthday celebrations we are now doing that instead. Just to add a little je ne sais quoi to the evening I have now just dropped some mushrooms. I also have the remainder of the mushrooms in a little bag to give to the person whose 50th it is. I know for a fact that he's going to be delighted with that little present.

Hope you're all having fun.

Sorry to hear that Yog, I've never seen James and would love to. As I've suffered from anxiety myself for a few years, and missed a fair few planned events because of it, I can relate. You feel so torn, as you think you're letting people down, but at the same time can't face the crowd. All sorts of crap goes through your head, telling yourself to pull it together, it's all irrational etc. but that just seems to make it worse.

Hope you both enjoy your evening, and please give your wife my best wishes.

Gumby x

Sorry to hear that Yog, I've never seen James and would love to. As I've suffered from anxiety myself for a few years, and missed a fair few planned events because of it, I can relate. You feel so torn, as you think you're letting people down, but at the same time can't face the crowd. All sorts of crap goes through your head, telling yourself to pull it together, it's all irrational etc. but that just seems to make it worse.

Hope you both enjoy your evening, and please give your wife my best wishes.

Gumby x

Hello mr gumby :)

I know where you and my wife are coming from as I've experienced it in the past myself. I recall one of my brothers telling me that he had to peel me off the wall at one party as I was that much in fear. Not sure why but I've lost it now ( the fear that is. lol). Nowadays it's a case of I just don't want to be where I am that makes me choose to be elsewhere.

Anyway, back home now from the 50th birthday celebrations. We left them with the invitation to come back to ours at any time they liked. I think there's a strong possibility that they will actually do this, but not for a few hours yet.

Shame you missed James Yog - saw them the other week so won't rub it in by telling you how good they were ;)

Hello ICGenie :)

I'd not have enjoyed it knowing that my misses was having the hibee jeebees about being there. I'm happy enough listening/ watching it on Youtube. We are supposed to be seeing Beardyman tomorrow. Time will tell. Anyway, I have to dash as looking at this keyboard just got spooky.

Hello ICGenie :)

I'd not have enjoyed it knowing that my misses was having the hibee jeebees about being there. I'm happy enough listening/ watching it on Youtube. We are supposed to be seeing Beardyman tomorrow. Time will tell. Anyway, I have to dash as looking at this keyboard just got spooky.

I know what you mean - even in a less serious situation it's hard to enjoy something when you know the person you are with is not having a good time so I can completely understand why you made the decision. Sounds like you both still had a good night :)

Hello mr gumby :)

I know where you and my wife are coming from as I've experienced it in the past myself. I recall one of my brothers telling me that he had to peel me off the wall at one party as I was that much in fear. Not sure why but I've lost it now ( the fear that is. lol). Nowadays it's a case of I just don't want to be where I am that makes me choose to be elsewhere.

Anyway, back home now from the 50th birthday celebrations. We left them with the invitation to come back to ours at any time they liked. I think there's a strong possibility that they will actually do this, but not for a few hours yet.

Quite relevant for Glastonbury. It took me until my fourth festival to realise I could be much happier seeing what I wanted on my own rather than trailing round with a massive group seeing bands I didn't like. Now I occasionally overdo it and spend I little too much time on my own, but I no longer feel trapped, which is only a good thing.

Quite relevant for Glastonbury. It took me until my fourth festival to realise I could be much happier seeing what I wanted on my own rather than trailing round with a massive group seeing bands I didn't like. Now I occasionally overdo it and spend I little too much time on my own, but I no longer feel trapped, which is only a good thing.

I understand what you are saying. That said, in reality I only go to festivals to be with friends, so don't feel any draw to go off on my own.

I survived Carter USM! Had a great time, drank and danced lots, feeling a bit fragile though as we were on it for a good twelve hours. Left the after party at 5.30am and got the first coach home at 7am. That was quite tricky and it felt like the journey took days! I said hello to Jimbob, and thanked Fruitbat for a great gig. He asked if I'd enjoyed it then gave me a hug and kiss!!!

Please tell us afterwards what cock flavour is? Or do we not want to know.

Migraine dominated weekend from Mrs Jeffie, still not really over it. Hopefully tomorrow is a brighter day.