NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

I would try to get there as early as possible in my opinion Glastonbury is 3 different festivals first is Wednesday and Thursday then Friday and Saturday and finally Sunday.

Thanks for the advice. I may have to try to talk the rest into attending earlier if I want company, I think

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Thanks for the advice. I may have to try to talk the rest into attending earlier if I want company, I think

You could always pitch your tent with Camp Ralph on the Wednesday, which is a collection of people going solo to Glastonbury. You can make new friends there, not feel alone ie you can hook up with others to go and see acts, and there's the added tent security because your neighbours know who should and should not be entering your tent. They'll be a thread about it closer to the festival start date.

When we arrived last year we were staying in Tangerine Fields so off site. We got there about 2pm Weds and set off to the main site ASAP.

Dropped stuff into lockup tents and started to wander.......... then phoned a couple of people from here to talk about getting t-shirts to them.....

We ended up sitting near a bar, chatting and drinking and then around a campfire carrying on chatting and drinking.

It really was a fantastic way to start what was one of the best 'weekends' of my life.

The other place was the bar near west holts (Dee know the one I mean). Loads of space quite central and food and toilets near.

Park I thought was decided too far out for some (I must admit nearly kills me the walk to it from spring ground ( but I have walking issues tho))

Can't remember the name of the bar - Scotty knows as it was the official efest meeting place last year on the Wednesday but if you walk along the path past the Westholts stage on your left you can enter a field which has loos, a large tented bar with plenty of seating outside and it's away from noise (well as much as you can be!). The beer was really good too! It's near to other fields for people wanting to go off to see other things too. Personally I wouldn't go up the Park but then like Splodge I have walking difficulties too. I'll go look up the name of the bar now....hang fire!

Can't remember the name of the bar - Scotty knows as it was the official efest meeting place last year on the Wednesday but if you walk along the path past the Westholts stage on your left you can enter a field which has loos, a large tented bar with plenty of seating outside and it's away from noise (well as much as you can be!). The beer was really good too! It's near to other fields for people wanting to go off to see other things too. Personally I wouldn't go up the Park but then like Splodge I have walking difficulties too. I'll go look up the name of the bar now....hang fire!

It's called The Ridge and Furrow, just inside the theatre field.

Hi guys, just to clarify, Camp Ralph isn't a thing or a thread we re doing again this year for solo travellers cos we're not anymore. Some of us have already arranged to go together again this year.

That in itself can make it cliquey and we don't want a repeat of the group that we're not allowed to mention on here but has a shape remarkably pyramid like.

I'm sure there will be another solo camping group thread done up again this year with new people but Ill only be on hand to give advice and wont be involved.

Hi guys, just to clarify, Camp Ralph isn't a thing or a thread we re doing again this year for solo travellers cos we're not anymore. Some of us have already arranged to go together again this year.

That in itself can make it cliquey and we don't want a repeat of the group that we're not allowed to mention on here but has a shape remarkably pyramid like.

I'm sure there will be another solo camping group thread done up again this year with new people but Ill only be on hand to give advice and wont be involved.

Thanks for clarifying HMV - I had thought it was a regular thing. I'll stop giving out duff advice on it now.

What's this??????

Thanks for clarifying HMV - I had thought it was a regular thing. I'll stop giving out duff advice on it now.

No worries Yog, it was only done last year for a bunch of solo travellers which I was then but not again this year.

There was another group and I wasn't around here at the time but as far as I'm aware there was a lot of bad blood over it so don't want to get involved in something that goes against the ethos.

What's this??????

Well we're not solo travellers anymore, some of us have agreed to camp together cos we got on well last year. So let the next bunch of newbie/solo group sort themselves out. it was exciting last year but not the same this year cos not going solo. Camping with some of the peeps I met last year. :D

There was another group and I wasn't around here at the time but as far as I'm aware there was a lot of bad blood over it so don't want to get involved in something that goes against the ethos.

I know of the group that you refer to and had also heard about the bad blood, so don't blame you for not getting involved.