NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

Can't remember the name of the bar - Scotty knows as it was the official efest meeting place last year on the Wednesday but if you walk along the path past the Westholts stage on your left you can enter a field which has loos, a large tented bar with plenty of seating outside and it's away from noise (well as much as you can be!). The beer was really good too! It's near to other fields for people wanting to go off to see other things too. Personally I wouldn't go up the Park but then like Splodge I have walking difficulties too. I'll go look up the name of the bar now....hang fire!

Cheers Dee, new you would explain better than me :)

Can agree beer was good and consistent, drank there loads last year even lots of benches to sit on. Always got served quick as well.

If people would rather go to the Park then please do, I am sure we will meet over the 5 days.

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Very wise on Camp Ralph. Camp 'shaped like a pyramid' started off as a place to go to if you needed the community on here for company over the festival. It ended up with a massive clique trying to stamp their authority on a prime piece of festival real-estate.

Maybe I'm being a bit harsh, but it certainly stopped being quite as inclusive as it started off and certainly wasn't as welcoming as Camp Ralph was. But if Ralph continued being a thing with regulars, then it could have ended up in a similar spot - as there would be the people who had met each other before and those who hadn't.

Anyway, good call.

If you put this into a calculator then it will perform BIDMAS (order of operations) and do 11 x 5 and 50 x 20 then add them. Whereas you were told to do 11 x5 then add 50 then x20. It makes a difference.

Or else you are a very intelligent 1 year old with big feet!

BIDMAS? Jesus, that takes me back!

No worries Yog, it was only done last year for a bunch of solo travellers which I was then but not again this year.

There was another group and I wasn't around here at the time but as far as I'm aware there was a lot of bad blood over it so don't want to get involved in something that goes against the ethos.

I just caught the end of the bitterness involving the previous solo campers group. I think it's best for it to evolve each year, with a few being regularly involved if they like, but others coming and going. Too easy for it to turn into a big group of friends camping together and ignoring everyone new otherwise. Someone is bound to get the ball rolling for this year before long.

I'm guessing that cliques and bad blood aren't usually part of the glastonbury vibe usually so hopefully wherever I end up camping I'll be able to make some new friends.......that's usually one of my favourite parts of the festival experience

Matty will be in Camp Posh, so don't worry.

I'm guessing that cliques and bad blood aren't usually part of the glastonbury vibe usually so hopefully wherever I end up camping I'll be able to make some new friends.......that's usually one of my favourite parts of the festival experience

Yes, the problem (for new solo campers) was that they continued promoting it as a solo campers group, when in fact it had become a group of people who'd camped together for a number of years, so new arrivals were largely ignored. This meant the new ones felt pretty shitty, and they would've been better off starting a new group each year (hence the decision about Camp Ralph).

Maybe not in the context of this show size thing, but they are, demonstrably, correct!

You need to do each step one at a time. Your calculator has done the multiplications first, before the additions, so it has done:

(11x5)+(50x20)+1014-1974=

In other words:

55+1000+1014-1974=91

Fair enough, but if each step is done in order you get:

11x5=55

55+50=105

105xx20=2100

2100+1014=3114

3114-1978=1136.

SB2H was right, it's all about brackets!