• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

1. Your mathematics baffles me.

2. Last year we could see the aforementioned pyramid shaped camp, they had lots of gazebos and security kept taking them down. Rightly so, I say. If you want a gazebo, don't camp in the most popular field!

3. Yeti's selfie with the dog was lovely

4. Earlier this evening, I thought it was Friday.

5. Lists are better with an odd number of points.

Cheers Dee, new you would explain better than me :)

Can agree beer was good and consistent, drank there loads last year even lots of benches to sit on. Always got served quick as well.

If people would rather go to the Park then please do, I am sure we will meet over the 5 days.

Fair point. How about somewhere in the Theatre / Circus fields? Or maybe even the Glade a Real? There's that lovely bit of seating between the trees and the Other Stage,

Fair point. How about somewhere in the Theatre / Circus fields? Or maybe even the Glade a Real? There's that lovely bit of seating between the trees and the Other Stage,

I'd be happy with the circus or cabaret area for the meet up! Right beside Avalon which is where I seemed to end up spending quite a bit of time around last year.

So does anyone have on their list places that they haven't found/seen/done before?

This year I'm going to get into the underground piano bar, found it but the queue was so long and it was 6am that we just gave up in the end and went back to camp. That was gruesome cos we walked by them power washing the long drops and you seriously don't want to get down wind of those bad boys with the spray of water coming at you.

Also want to find Strummerville and check that out.

Spend some time in the craft fields - will probs do that while the Rich Tea is on, on the Sunday.

And hoping to find the rabbit hole (know in theory where it is) and check out the crows nest.

Other things, eat MOAR FOOD! Everytime I went to get something to eat the wet stuff came down. Not conducive to fueling up.

Any recommendations?

Morning all!!

I'm happy with the Glade, it is lovely there. I forgot about people not wanting to trek to the Park, sorry!

As for places not seen, last year (my 6th Glastonbury) a few of us spent the Thursday finding places and things we'd not seen before. We found the stone dragon and hung out there for a bit, chatting to some other folk who were doing similar. Quite strangely, later that night, we bumped into them again! Also found the old cattle tunnel, the Greenpeace Polar Bear and we went on the helter skelter in the Avalon field. We had a game of crazy golf in a tiny dome tent when it r**ned, and stopped off for beer and food along the way. It was a great day!

I think the best plan is not to plan, and just go wandering as much as you can/feel like/ Also, don't get annoyed if you miss things!

If you could pick 3 acts for the festival before that you've seen and enjoyed before who wold you pick?

The honest answer is I would rather that nobody I had seen and enjoyed before was there as I would be drawn to go and see them again and may regret the choice.

If I am forced to choose I would say:

1 AC/DC

2 Clean Bandit

3 La Pegatina

3 acts I've seen and enjoyed?

1. The Beat - best live band ever! They are always excellent, seen them about 8 times now.

2. Will Young - I know, I know, but he is fabulous live. Really great set, chats to the crowd like you're in his front room. Brilliant fun.

3. Morrissey. Morrissey is God. That is all.

There are many more!!

I thought the Glade was discounted for a reason but I cannot remember why. No change there.

I suggested the seating by the Glade a while back, but then remembered the nearest toilets are either all the way across the Other stage field, or over the railway track at the bottom of Pennard's, which are probably the nastiest toilets on site! I'd still be fine with it if it's the choice we make, but let's see who's playing where that evening, eh?

I suggested the seating by the Glade a while back, but then remembered the nearest toilets are either all the way across the Other stage field, or over the railway track at the bottom of Pennard's, which are probably the nastiest toilets on site! I'd still be fine with it if it's the choice we make, but let's see who's playing where that evening, eh?

So now we have Mr Gumby FBE, TFE and now BME

Best memory ever!