• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

As far as 3 acts I'd like to see again goes...

1. Frank Turner. Saw him at a small local venue last year. Great energy, songs, connection to the audience. Think he'd be terrific on a sunny afternoon.

2. Fish. Saw him years ago, and he was great. Several albums released since then, which I'd love to hear live, particularly some from the 'Sunsets on Empire' and 'Fellini Days' albums. Also, there are rumours he may be retiring soon, so I'd like to see him again before he does.

3. Vintage Trouble. Heard good things about their set in the Avalon tent in 2013, but we couldn't have passed up the chance to see the Stones. Went to see them on West Holts last year, and after a blistering first 10 mins, the stage shut down. They did their best to cheer the crowd, coming out to chat with people, then doing a couple of acoustic songs (using a megaphone borrowed from someone in the audience), but I seriously believe they would've been the highlight of my festival if the r@#n hadn't intervened.

Do people hunt them for food?

Poaching is a major problem especially as the forestry commission do nothing to stop it. Some poach go for illegal meat and others are simply trophy killings with the head removed and n carcass dumped.

Wed also have an official cull going on at the moment which is based on a population of 819 animals - there are nowhere near that many. Those shot are then shipped to Essex (!!!!!!!!!) for selling so we do not even get the benefit of the meat in the local economy :-(

Poaching is a major problem especially as the forestry commission do nothing to stop it. Some poach go for illegal meat and others are simply trophy killings with the head removed and n carcass dumped.

Wed also have an official cull going on at the moment which is based on a population of 819 animals - there are nowhere near that many. Those shot are then shipped to Essex (!!!!!!!!!) for selling so we do not even get the benefit of the meat in the local economy :-(

How strange. Have you any idea why the meat is shipped to Essex, and not sold locally, or anywhere other than Essex for that matter?

How strange. Have you any idea why the meat is shipped to Essex, and not sold locally, or anywhere other than Essex for that matter?

It was decided by the forestry commission this is how it would be done despite us having a meat distribtor not far away who has always done it. The only conclusion we can come to is they get more at Essex prices.

Just wanted to offer something for regulars on here. Just occurred to me.

If anyone is going by coach, Woffy, I think you are?

If you want to lighten your load by having alcohol or the like, brought down for you I can probably accommodate a tray of beer or two, or some bottles of spirits, or the like in my car.

I could either buy it for you and you pay on collection, or could sort out you paying first, or even have it delivered to me!

J

What a lovely offer, Jeffie. Very kind.

I'm ok though, thank you; i'm coming by car in a convoy.

Thanks again though :)

No they are not winter flowers*. They're the first flowers of the year, they appear once the days start to get longer and mark the beginnings of spring. Spring is here, I tell ya, spring is here.

*they are.

Snowdrops flower in Jan and Feb and those are winter months - any scientist worth their salt would know that.

It was decided by the forestry commission this is how it would be done despite us having a meat distribtor not far away who has always done it. The only conclusion we can come to is they get more at Essex prices.

I suppose the Forestry Commission were thinking ' The Only Way Is Essex'.

I'll get me coat.