• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Well today WAS a good day but is not anymore.

To amend the list from yesterday

Sweary Saturday is no more and is replaced by Sad Saturday.

I can and never will understand the need of some (and I do hope you are reading this) to berate others because either they do not understand or do not feel they can be included.

Anyone who does not 'get' this thread wants to - then ask, join in. If you do not want to 'get' it then allow those who do to carry one.

Nobody was being hurt by it.

Now people I hope I can call friends are - and that makes me very unhappy.

Love and Peace to you all.

Edited by mattyc1965

Wish I'd known it was a clique before I put my oar in last year. What was I thinking gatecrashing a thread where I clearly wasn't welcome. You all must have been horrifed when I turned up to the meet and we all had drinks together and a laugh.

FFS!

I don't post much but always read this thread as I suspect many do. It amuses me, is harmless and keeps people going over the long winter between ticket day and announcement. Now that the self appointed have decided it is a clique and they don't like it, I feel obliged to join in. Good afternoon everybody.

I don't post much but always read this thread as I suspect many do. It amuses me, is harmless and keeps people going over the long winter between ticket day and announcement. Now that the self appointed have decided it is a clique and they don't like it, I feel obliged to join in. Good afternoon everybody.

Excellent. The more the merrier!

I read the thread all the time, and have never quite understood what's going on. I decided that that was exactly the point, though I might be wrong.

Anyhoo:

1. Quite right to be a bit sad/cross/disappointed that anyone feels the need to call you guys out for a thread that they have no need to read, let alone post into. Don't let the petty narrow-mindedness of a few people influence you at all. Who gives a monkey's what they think/say?

2. Could anyone tell me, in no more than 5 bullet points (PowerPoint optional, not essential), what NFR NFC is actually about? I'm so excited about my first Glastonbury that I don't want to deny myself the chance to post on any threads, just 'cause I have no idea what's going on!

Thanks, all

Ben

The point of the thread is that you can talk absolute bollix or you can get a shoulder to cry on on a bad day or a high five on a good day or just come in and worship weather gods or not. You can say or not say what you want except for one word. You are not allowed to mention r*** or the wet stuff that comes from the sky.

Ben - NFR NFC means No fucking r*** no fucking compromise. As in, a nice sun filled sit on the grass and drink whatever your poison is Glastonbury. :D

The point of the thread is that you can talk absolute bollix or you can get a shoulder to cry on on a bad day or a high five on a good day or just come in and worship weather gods or not. You can say or not say what you want except for one word. You are not allowed to mention r*** or the wet stuff that comes from the sky.

Ben - NFR NFC means No fucking r*** no fucking compromise. As in, a nice sun filled sit on the grass and drink whatever your poison is Glastonbury. :D

That just about sums it up! :D

Well said HMV - but shhhhhhh, we can't say w*t either.

I fell foul of that one and got reprimanded.

Welcome to everyone posting for the first time! Hope you stick around and get involved.

NFR NFC is basically a bunch of randoms, chatting about whatever is happening in their lives, getting to know each other and making friends, without the need to stick to a particular subject. Anything goes really, except of course for the 'bad' words, namely r**n, m*d and w*t, which we only mention in censored form!

I really hope the negative comments posted about this thread recently at least prompt some people to find out what it's all about, and hopefully join in. Any new posters will find a warm welcome!

so what are we allowed and not allowed to say in here?

I read the thread all the time, and have never quite understood what's going on. I decided that that was exactly the point, though I might be wrong.

Anyhoo:

1. Quite right to be a bit sad/cross/disappointed that anyone feels the need to call you guys out for a thread that they have no need to read, let alone post into. Don't let the petty narrow-mindedness of a few people influence you at all. Who gives a monkey's what they think/say?

2. Could anyone tell me, in no more than 5 bullet points (PowerPoint optional, not essential), what NFR NFC is actually about? I'm so excited about my first Glastonbury that I don't want to deny myself the chance to post on any threads, just 'cause I have no idea what's going on!

Thanks, all

Ben

Good afternoon and welcome to the three of you.

Just to add my bit to all the stuff you have been told.

In here we like to smile and have fun. We help each other when ever we can and most of all we talk bollox whilst waiting for those fantastic days in June at out friend Dee's Village Fete.

I started here in March/April last year and really was not sure what was going on so I asked - it took me a few posts to get going but apart from the rules to do with banned words it is free form city.

My only crime, if it is that, is to make comments like "that headliners thread is stupid, and then have the cheek to call us mad"

If that offends anyone then I am sorry.

Any hoo

Welcome one and all, all praise the weather gods.

Love and Peace

NFR NFC

Thanks, HMV - got it. Well, as a purveyor of often quite high quality bollox, I might fit in here...

So...the 'No Fail in Resale', whilst cute is, in itself, a load of old bollox!

Given the very sweet, non-confrontational nature of the thread, others' pettiness annoys me even more...

Ben