• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Muddy lane is the lane from Williams green up the hill. With acoustic stage to the right and the Pyramid stage to the left. At the top is the recycling sheds and at the very top is the villagers gate.

Gotcha! I don't tend to go that way very often, being of the Pennards variety, that's right over the other side! Be nice not to be slide though :) are they doing much concreting?

Lovely pics! Can you explain where this path is? I can never work out places when the festival isn't set up!

Ben, and other new people, if you wanted to meet up with one or two of us before our little NFR NFC drinkies, we could do that, I'd be happy to meet up for a bevvie and a wander :)

Thanks, Lucy - and Carlos

That sounds lovely. I've been spending some time looking into the areas of the festival, and then finding them on the map - again in an attempt to feel orientated as much as I can for when I eventually set foot on Terra Pilton for the first time. I don't want to take away from the magic of discovery, but if I can enhance that with a bit of pre-familiarity then I think I'll get to see and experience even more of the festival. As you can tell I am (a) almost unmanageably excited at far too early a point and (B) determined to make the very most of my first - but almost certainly not last - Glastonbury.

There'll be loads of time to arrange for little meet ups with you NFR NFC guys - and others, no doubt - as we count down to June. Crikey the next four months are going to take forever...

Ben

Gotcha! I don't tend to go that way very often, being of the Pennards variety, that's right over the other side! Be nice not to be slide though :) are they doing much concreting?

This was the only concreting but I think they may extend it down to Williams Green. There was a LOT of drainage pipes laying around at the farm so more of that will be going in.

Lucy - isn't Pennards super w** when there is **** at Glastonbury (see - already embracing the NFR NFC spirit!)? Tort certainbly seems to suggest that, which is why (with nothing other than speculative online reading) I wondered about targeting Dairy for a spot. Or is Pennards where the cool kids go (I'm a very cool 45 year old kid*, btw)?

Ben

*many aspects of this statement are probably a lie

PS - if all this 'general enquiry' crap of mine is not encouraged in the NFR NFC thread, then pointing this out to me will not be seen as rude...

Lucy - isn't Pennards super w** when there is **** at Glastonbury (see - already embracing the NFR NFC spirit!)? Tort certainbly seems to suggest that, which is why (with nothing other than speculative online reading) I wondered about targeting Dairy for a spot. Or is Pennards where the cool kids go (I'm a very cool 45 year old kid*, btw)?

Ben

PS - if all this 'general enquiry' crap of mine is not encouraged in the NFR NFC thread, then pointing this out to me will not be seen as rude...

Enquire away - I did and others have done so.

I will help all I can but I still know so little.

There will be lots of meet ups I reckon even though you are so very young at 45 LOL

Edited by mattyc1965

I am so very glad we saw muddy lane when it was muddy last year.

It was a hard slog coming down from Tangerine Fields but I think more enjoyable than a concrete path - progress isn't always good. Just my opinion.................... the water will still have to go somewhere!!!

What water?

Cheers mattyc

Ive been looking at bus times want to get the soonest one i can. National express seem to hike the price up if you select it, which seems a bit of a rip off (says its £38 ew but as soon as you add the first part into your basket they return price jumps to £74)

Maybe take a butchers at the liftshare thread, you never know....., could be an alternative

Ben

Pennards got sorted out after a very w** year! I've been going to Glastonbury since 2008, always camped there and not had trouble. It really depends on your spot, last year we were fine but some people near us had a few big puddles around them! Just be careful where you pitch.

I think our Jeffie camps in Dairy, He can help answer questions too.

Pennards is a bit marmite, some live it, some hate it! My lot camp there as it is in the middle, it's busy, always friendly, and I think if we camped somewhere else we might get lost!!

Pennards got sorted out after a very w** year! I've been going to Glastonbury since 2008, always camped there and not had trouble. It really depends on your spot, last year we were fine but some people near us had a few big puddles around them! Just be careful where you pitch.

I think our Jeffie camps in Dairy, He can help answer questions too.

Pennards is a bit marmite, some live it, some hate it! My lot camp there as it is in the middle, it's busy, always friendly, and I think if we camped somewhere else we might get lost!!

The thing about Pennards, or Pennard Hill is that it's on a slope, so most of it is fine. It's just the bottom of the hill that's a problem. The only full field I can think of that's problematic in w*t weather is the ground between Other Stage and Silver Hayes. Can't remember its name Oxlers maybe?