NFR NFC >>>>>>2015

guypjfreak

I've been having a family day, and it seems I've missed quite a bit!

I'll try to catch up.....

All newbies, please please come to the meets! They're great fun, and you can meet all sorts! The official Efests meet is easier to spot (there's a flag and everything!) but the unofficial ones are great too!

Anyone going for the first time, have you heard about the 'walk to the glastonbury sign' experience?

Yay! Dee's back!

Can't believe they've concreted Muddy Lane! Then again, I litter picked up there last year, so I won't miss it much!

I'd also be happy to meet anyone who fancies a drink and a tour on the Wednesday, but I will be with mrs gumby and gumby jr. so I may need to run that past them!

• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

no muddy lane ...................well theres another one of those ..........i was going to glasto when muddy lane was muddy lane old son lol.

abit like i remember goung over under through the fence before the fence of death was made OR i remember when there were two trees on the pryamid field lololol

hope you all had a good week end old sons

Camping advice is very much appreciated. Think if i do coach down i'll be camping near to where the drop off point is if at all possible, then theres not a long trek back to the bus on the monday

I can see the logic of this, I have done in the past, (in the early '00), you can leave yourself with long walks each day especially to the SE corner at night time.

Camping advice is very much appreciated. Think if i do coach down i'll be camping near to where the drop off point is if at all possible, then theres not a long trek back to the bus on the monday

Hi Ben, I wouldn't recommend camping at the drop of point, it is the furthest point from the night time fun! Pennard hill would be best for you but it does get busy quick so not ideal for camping with other soloists. I camp at top Webbs ash which is near the pyramid and John peel. I quite enjoy the walk from block 9 at 6am.

You will have an absolute ball wherever you camp. I'm slightly envious that you are going to experience Glastonbury for the first time... I remember my first time well and the feeling of awe!

Try not to plan too much, walk and get lost. This is how you happen upon total randomness. See you at the meet!

It'll simply blow your mind there Ben, the first time you look out over the magnificent Glastonbury site up on the hill behind ribbon tower, it's a memory that will stay forever; magic :)

This.

My favourite spot :-))

cant understand it i just showed my lovely girl a bunch of valentine cards and told her she could pick the one she wanted and she got the hump ?????? i mean shes even refused to make me a cuppa tea ????!!!!!! and its not like thats hard cos i only have hot water and a tea bag { dorset tea tho } no milk no sugar .......ummmmmmm may be shes ill or its just a bad hair day ...........oh well i try some dif cards tomo ....

night all

Oh my word!!! I have finally found what Dee was talking about, took a lot of searching. Is there a bitchfest going on out there or what?! You lot are lovely and friendly welcoming people... can't believe anyone thinks otherwise.

On a brighter note, I'm seriously considering getting braces on my teeth at nearly 40 yr old, even tho I'm terrified of the dentist. I'm pleased to be back folks. Speak to you all soon ;0)

Edited by Curlygirl

Hi Ben, I wouldn't recommend camping at the drop of point, it is the furthest point from the night time fun! Pennard hill would be best for you but it does get busy quick so not ideal for camping with other soloists. I camp at top Webbs ash which is near the pyramid and John peel. I quite enjoy the walk from block 9 at 6am.

You will have an absolute ball wherever you camp. I'm slightly envious that you are going to experience Glastonbury for the first time... I remember my first time well and the feeling of awe!

Try not to plan too much, walk and get lost. This is how you happen upon total randomness. See you at the meet!

Thanks, CG - that wasn't my post suggesting camping near the coach station - I'm the opposite, I want to be almost as far as possible from the outside world! I travel light and so the couple of km trek to Dairy/Pennards will be a huge part of that indescribable anticipation at the beginning of a festival - there's almost no feeling like it.

It seems like I am destined to get to one of the meets...

Ben

Happy birthday your gingerness!

As a softy CVer, I'll appreciate the concrete road as it's in the area where I come in from the East CV fields. It's nice to see the photos.

My mate who's not coming this year (oops, I'm starting to give those middle-aged protracted background explanations), lives in Dorset, so I'm more tempted to call in at the Farm on the way down to see the site without the crowds, when we go visiting him this year. So many holiday ideas, so little time.

Guy, re Valentine's cards, ASDA are doing the best-price ones this year apparently, bargain!