• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Dee, thinking of photos, do you have any overlooking the Park and site, from where the Glastonbury letters are, please? I can't imagine how empty it would look before Spring (granted some structures are permanent).

I don't think I am. Tempted to remove the apostrophes from my sig. Would disrupt the little 'un too much. Not fair on M2H.

I'll delay the decision until April though, she might change her temperament, but it doesn't look like it.

:hi: We all respect your decision but you will be missed if you really are 'not going'.

Oh, I know I will. Last time I didn't go, I listened to Worthy FM all day long and refused to flush the toilet in order to cultivate that long drop 'je ne se qua'

At least it's Coldplay and not Radiohead this year. I know it's not the headliners, but blimey they don't half look awful this year. I mean really quite terrible, the worst since I've been going in 97, including all the years I missed. Probably the worst since Van Morrison + Elvis Costello topped the bill.

Hot Chip though... Hmm. I've not removed the apostrophes yet.

I'm going to shut up now, I'm well aware that I'm milking this like a right drama queen! ;)

Oh, I know I will. Last time I didn't go, I listened to Worthy FM all day long and refused to flush the toilet in order to cultivate that long drop 'je ne se qua'

At least it's Coldplay and not Radiohead this year. I know it's not the headliners, but blimey they don't half look awful this year. I mean really quite terrible, the worst since I've been going in 97, including all the years I missed. Probably the worst since Van Morrison + Elvis Costello topped the bill.

Hot Chip though... Hmm. I've not removed the apostrophes yet.

I'm going to shut up now, I'm well aware that I'm milking this like a right drama queen! ;)

Never shut up S2H and never say never.

The headliners look, well, like something we only know the possibility one one so far. Looking back on previous years when the Pyramid had 'meh' headliners the Other and West Holts were really good.

Happy birthday to H.M.V,

To my mind it was either me or justperfect that kicked off the heated debate about the NFR NFC thread. I'm not going to apologise for my questioning justperfect about what he posted. There may be some that think I should have kept my mouth shut and let justperfect's remark go. The thing is I genuinely wanted to know why the remark was made. I'm not exactly content with the overall answer that it's because this threads a clique. It's open to anyone that can be arsed to post in it, and if you think reading it isn't your cup of tea, then just don't read it.

Yoghurt you need not apologise, I have no idea why people feel like they do, but it's there loss if they do not wish/want to join in the happiness of this thread. We welcome will arms open never in my time on NFR has anyone not been made welcome. I would love to understand why, but the armchair warriors who hide behind there computer screen will never honestly say.

I have unfortunatly let lots of silly things get the better of me, started climbing the ladder back up tho.

Tomorrow is another day and there is light at the end of the tunnel.

Beer calls

:)

Dee, thinking of photos, do you have any overlooking the Park and site, from where the Glastonbury letters are, please? I can't imagine how empty it would look before Spring (granted some structures are permanent).

That area is not within the Worthy Farm boundary so I can't get that photo. It's also the furthest point from my house and a f*%kin long walk! The farm doesn't mind people walking around as long as they stick to the roads/paths and not hike cross country. Many fields have sheep in at present.

I do have photos from the stoned circle though and that's just a bit lower down and to the left.

Yoghurt you need not apologise, I have no idea why people feel like they do, but it's there loss if they do not wish/want to join in the happiness of this thread. We welcome will arms open never in my time on NFR has anyone not been made welcome. I would love to understand why, but the armchair warriors who hide behind there computer screen will never honestly say.

I have unfortunatly let lots of silly things get the better of me, started climbing the ladder back up tho.

Beer calls

Good for you, slodge!

Take a day or two off if that's what you need, but always remember you've got friends here when you need us! I don't think I've seen all the negative comments, but I've seen enough, and I'm happy that the NFR NFC thread has nothing to apologise for! We're just trying to have fun, after all!

Beer calls

Thanks slodge.

I really hope your current personal problems abate sooner rather than later. I've got a fair bit of shit going down this end too, but am somehow maintaining a happy outlook - maybe I'm going mad(der)!

Anyway, don't stay away from efests for the rest of February on the account of heated discussion. If you personally need to then that's something else. I've thought about leaving efests totally in the recent past. I've thought this because I felt I needed to 'live' in the real world more. At the end of the day I concluded that this forum is also the real world and I like it, so why wander away from something that makes you happy. That said, I may be training for a new profession in the next few months as I don't want to go back to working in the same role as I used to do. This will probably mean that I'll join another forum relating to that profession, which will probably mean less time on here. Time will tell.

Anyway, if you need a push up that ladder just ask and I'll help as much as I can. :)

That area is not within the Worthy Farm boundary so I can't get that photo. It's also the furthest point from my house and a f*%kin long walk! The farm doesn't mind people walking around as long as they stick to the roads/paths and not hike cross country. Many fields have sheep in at present.

I do have photos from the stoned circle though and that's just a bit lower down and to the left.

Ha ha no worries then, thanks.

So guys and guyesses, I've read all 335 pages of this thread and still no idea what you all do for a living. Would you be so kind to enlighten me? S2H you will kick yourself if you miss it. Yog don't worry about the other people Other forums, just do what you do by giving a damn about NFR NFC peeps. Slodge I hope your personal stuff is resolved soon.

So guys and guyesses, I've read all 335 pages of this thread and still no idea what you all do for a living. Would you be so kind to enlighten me? S2H you will kick yourself if you miss it. Yog don't worry about the other people Other forums, just do what you do by giving a damn about NFR NFC peeps. Slodge I hope your personal stuff is resolved soon.

I was made redundant last April from my job as a Building Maintenance Surveyor and have been living off my redundancy pay ever since. This has now ran out so I'll need to get a job soon, but will not consider going back to my old profession as it was soul destroyingly boring.

RIGHT

A... wtf is going on on here people be fucking NICE to one another if not fuck off and be un happy some where else ......

B... happy bday HMV

C ...i fell of a cliff and broke my back so dont work at mo but i try and do arty farty stuff to stop my self becoming a raving achololic and a night mare to society . oh i do have a baby ruby to love tho lol she only stole my back pillow today .....so she could relax oh and whilst shopping she said i smelt ....isnt itttt old sons

AND

D...go back to A

was another nice sunny day down here

RIGHT

A... wtf is going on on here people be fucking NICE to one another if not fuck off and be un happy some where else ......

B... happy bday HMV

C ...i fell of a cliff and broke my back so dont work at mo but i try and do arty farty stuff to stop my self becoming a raving achololic and a night mare to society . oh i do have a baby ruby to love tho lol she only stole my back pillow today .....so she could relax oh and whilst shopping she said i smelt ....isnt itttt old sons

AND

D...go back to A

was another nice sunny day down here

Brilliant!! Not the back breaking bit though, obviously! Guy you're fab :)

So guys and guyesses, I've read all 335 pages of this thread and still no idea what you all do for a living. Would you be so kind to enlighten me?

Ooh, I don't think anyone's ever asked that before. This could be interesting!

I work in finance - nothing too technical, purchase ledger and treasury functions. Was due to be made redundant last year (this will be a recurring theme here methinks) but managed to swerve it for now. Also training to be a reflexologist which I'm determined to make a profession of, even if it's just part-time / evenings.

I have a business support role for the county council based within the spatial planning team. As a council we're cutting 1800 jobs over the next 3 years so there's a strong chance that by the time I get to glasto that I won't be doing that

I was the manager of a book shop until our little boy was born. I left that job to be a full-time parent, as mrs gumbys work pays more. Once gumby jr turns 3 in December, I'll hopefully find some part/time work to do while he's at nursery.