• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Thanks, Lucy - yes, George is definitely a lovely, if today rather indignant/grumpy he.

I'm now constantly F5-ing the appropriate page on The Student Room forum to see if the bastards at LSE are churning out the offer/rejection emails today...when really I should be doing a bit more work!

#sometimesitshardtobeaparent (sung to the tune of...., obviously)

Ben

Thanks, Lucy - yes, George is definitely a lovely, if today rather indignant/grumpy he.

I'm now constantly F5-ing the appropriate page on The Student Room forum to see if the bastards at LSE are churning out the offer/rejection emails today...when really I should be doing a bit more work!

#sometimesitshardtobeaparent (sung to the tune of...., obviously)

Ben

Good luck!!

You parents do a sterling job you know!

8 more minutes left at work for me then I'm free! ;D

What is everybody doing this weekend?

Bit longer till the weekend here :-(

Sleeping in, watching the girls' dance show at a matinee performance, taking Mrs CJ out, completing an application form and CV, drinking, eating, sleeping in. Think that just about covers most things.

Monday onwards, it's Nottinghamshire for us all, for a week off in holiday cottage WOOHOO!!

im just about to take delivery of some self assembly furniture. and i have some wine. these two things combined should last the weekend.

Good luck, and buy 3 bottles. I put together 2 wardrobes over 3 days, and managed to get only one of the pieces the wrong way round. I've got some spare pieces (screws, metal attachments) but the manual has been recycled and I don't know where they go. Oops.

For anyone who has kindly followed the travails of my first born today...

...I'm afraid the little tinker's day just got a bit shittier...after applying on 14 October, he finally got the bastard rejection from the LSE. So, add that to a failed driving test and not the best day evs, as the young people say.

Sorry to bring downer stuff to the Friday Feeling NFR NFC, but nice to be able to share with some rather lovely people. I've sent him a lovelt text and will give him a cuddle (*Manly hug*) when I get home. God it's hard being a parent sometimes...:(

Ben

For anyone who has kindly followed the travails of my first born today...

...I'm afraid the little tinker's day just got a bit shittier...after applying on 14 October, he finally got the bastard rejection from the LSE. So, add that to a failed driving test and not the best day evs, as the young people say.

Sorry to bring downer stuff to the Friday Feeling NFR NFC, but nice to be able to share with some rather lovely people. I've sent him a lovelt text and will give him a cuddle (*Manly hug*) when I get home. God it's hard being a parent sometimes... :(

Ben

Sorry to hear about the negatives - never nice - but he will bounce back and be better for it especially with your support.

NFR NFC

Sorry to hear that Ben, you seem like a smashing chap so I'm sure a manly hug from you will make him feel better :)

Tonight I shall go to the gym and see how I get on, I've still got a bit of pain from the biopsy so I'm being very careful. Then I'm planning to do a token amount of housework, and plenty of sitting.

Tomorrow I'm probably going to a vintage fair, then to my little sisters engagement party. Sunday is Bugger All day, I am very much looking forward to that!!

Edited due to shoddy spelling!

Edited by lucyginger

Sorry to hear about the negatives - never nice - but he will bounce back and be better for it especially with your support.

NFR NFC

Thanks, Matt - and you're absolutely right. He's such a committed young man that he will come out of all of this fine. Just horrid to feel helpless to influence any of this! Man up, Ben!

Ben

Sorry to hear that Ben, you seem like a smashing chap so I'm sure a manly hug from you will make him feel better :)

Tonight I shall go to the gym and see how I get on, I've still got a bit of pain from the biopsy so I'm being very careful. Then I'm planning to do a token amount of housework, and plenty of sitting.

Tomorrow I'm probably going to a vintage fair, then to my little sisters engagement party. Sunday is Bugger All day, I am very much looking forward to that!!

Edited due to shoddy spelling!

Thanks, Lucy.

Now, as the NFR NFC resident physician (albeit a paediatric one...) I'm insisting on low weight, high reps work for you at the gym, please, or the strain might pop a few organs out of the biopsy site! Doctor's orders, young lady...

Ben