• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

Cor blimey t'is been scorchio out there folks. Even in sun repellent Navan its been blue skies and sunny sunshine.

Just got back from my sisters BBQ, first time the dogs have been outside the apartment complex since poor Tippy got attacked. She's doing much better and hopefully get her stitches out on tuesday.

Interview was on Monday (thanks for asking Carol) but still waiting to hear back. Keeping everything crossed that it takes longer to deliver good news rather than bad. So should know next week.

Feeling a little blue today cos I'm not at my favourite festival and my friends are there especially cos the weather is totally awesome, would have been nice to wear sandals instead of boots and wellies for a change. Oh well, next year.

How is everyone?

Cor blimey t'is been scorchio out there folks. Even in sun repellent Navan its been blue skies and sunny sunshine.

Just got back from my sisters BBQ, first time the dogs have been outside the apartment complex since poor Tippy got attacked. She's doing much better and hopefully get her stitches out on tuesday.

Interview was on Monday (thanks for asking Carol) but still waiting to hear back. Keeping everything crossed that it takes longer to deliver good news rather than bad. So should know next week.

Feeling a little blue today cos I'm not at my favourite festival and my friends are there especially cos the weather is totally awesome, would have been nice to wear sandals instead of boots and wellies for a change. Oh well, next year.

How is everyone?

There is always next year thankfully - too much to do to fit it all into one :-) and it give you stuff to look forward to.

We are both well, hot but well.

The ones we have done:

Nozstock - small and quite lovely. No real biggies for bands if that's what you want but a lovely setting. Beware of the NOZ arsoles who stay in the campsite all day until 2am then truddle off to see Andy C. Only to return to be arsoles at 5/6am

Standon Calling - told you all Before

Beautiful days - nothing bad to say - great for families - LOADS of chairs people!!!! - but we decided it just was too clean! No imagination/homemade stuff. A bit of a Levellers love -in. Put it this way - we saw The Selector last year at Boomtown and Beautiful Days . I looked at the floor at Boomtown and saw some Noz canisters. I looked down at B.D. and saw a packet of fart powder!

Thank you.

Lots of chair folk at Larmer tree too but most put them away when the dancing waas going - just those at the backl who sat and sat.......

It is hard t choose which to do and damn them, lots have early bird tickets that are very cheap!!!!

lovely and hot again BUT the weather lady says its gonna get cooler .........................glad to see no one moaning about the heat lol youve got all winter to moan and thats not that far away now old sons lol

have a wicked weekend wot ever your up to ..G

OK you lovely folk.

I am sitting looking at festivals and have a long short list!!! Any info on any of them appreciated lots as it will help us decide what where and when!!

It reads something like this, where it is one or another they are on the same weekend:

Bearded Theory

Sunrise Celebration or Wychwood

Hop Farm

2000 Trees or Wakestock

Camp Bestival or Nozstock or Standon Calling

Lake Fest or Framer Phils

Beautiful Days

End of the Road or Bingley Live

Festival no 6 or Woolley Festival

Looe Festival

thank you all in advance!!

Ok here we go with the ones iv`e been to.

Bearded Theory.... Great festival, normally a good line up with something for everyone, great atmosphere very few dickheads, new site 2014 which worked well and they will improve the couple of niggles next year (the peeps who run it really do try hard.

Farmer Phils..... not been for a couple of years but going back this year, it really is what it says on the tin.... its a farmer called Phil who has a festival because he loves music, real old school.. camp next to your car... have a fire etc, very chilled, you can camp there for a week (tue til mon for the price of a ticket.

Wychwood...... only been the once (wouldn`t go back) very well organised but souless all hampers, Tarquins!! and picnic blankets.

Sunrise Celebration. very "alternative" laid back and a bit disorganised at times, but worth checking out.

I`d rank them thus.. 1st BT.... 2nd Farmer Phils....3rd Sunrise.... 4th ( don`t bother) Wychwood.

We normally start with BT and end the summer with Alchemy in September...... Highly recomend Alchemy :)

:beach::beach: :beach: :beach::beach:

Ok here we go with the ones iv`e been to.

Bearded Theory.... Great festival, normally a good line up with something for everyone, great atmosphere very few dickheads, new site 2014 which worked well and they will improve the couple of niggles next year (the peeps who run it really do try hard.

Farmer Phils..... not been for a couple of years but going back this year, it really is what it says on the tin.... its a farmer called Phil who has a festival because he loves music, real old school.. camp next to your car... have a fire etc, very chilled, you can camp there for a week (tue til mon for the price of a ticket.

Wychwood...... only been the once (wouldn`t go back) very well organised but souless all hampers, Tarquins!! and picnic blankets.

Sunrise Celebration. very "alternative" laid back and a bit disorganised at times, but worth checking out.

I`d rank them thus.. 1st BT.... 2nd Farmer Phils....3rd Sunrise.... 4th ( don`t bother) Wychwood.

We normally start with BT and end the summer with Alchemy in September...... Highly recomend Alchemy :)

:beach::beach: :beach: :beach::beach:

Thank you.

Wychwood crossed off list - might go on a day ticket as it is close if we are doing nothing else.

Alchemy added to list.

Others we have crossed off are Hop Farm (cos it sounds a nightmare from efests thread).

Wakestock - cos the average age looks about 22!!

End of the Road - cos it is where Larmer tree is and doesn't look as good and it is expensive.

Scorchio up here this afternoon.

Unfortunately, Mrs F has a migraine and it's our wedding anniversary so all plans are off.

Edited by jeffie

Morning. Five degrees in the shade and about 25 in the sun here. It's not the weather but the altitude that's hard to deal with though. Over two weeks at this height, around 3,500m, and it still hurts walking up the stairs!

What's the UV like out of interest? Sounds like it'd be pretty strong? I've never really given it much thought, but I would imagine that UV is stronger at higher altitudes?

What's the UV like out of interest? Sounds like it'd be pretty strong? I've never really given it much thought, but I would imagine that UV is stronger at higher altitudes?

Yep you're right, a high risk of sunburn at altitude. A combination of factor 50 and hats does the job. South america is a good place for hats.

Yep you're right, a high risk of sunburn at altitude. A combination of factor 50 and hats does the job. South america is a good place for hats.

Twohats?

Twohats?

I did have two, but abandoned the Panama. It had seen out its usefulness in warmer climates. Now I'm down to one, a woolly bobble hat I picked up in Ecuador. Though here in Bolivia things are pretty cheap, so a few warm weather clothes are on the agenda before I had further south.