• Replies 24.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• jeffie

• lucyginger

• thurlow84

• A Guy Called Matt

I was told by my doctor a few years ago that I had an extended liver. I thought about cracking some sort of lame ' the bigger the better eh doc' joke, but a sense of decency kicked in and prevented me from going through with it.

We physicians do not appreciate that type of humour, thank you very much indeed, Mr Stick. We're far too condescending for that kind of shenanigans.

Ben

We physicians do not appreciate that type of humour, thank you very much indeed, Mr Stick. We're far too condescending for that kind of shenanigans.

Ben

I recall the same doctor telling me that he would need to carry out a prostrate examination on my next visit and saying something about having to go up through my anus. I hadn't taken all what he said in and was in a bit of a daze. I went home thinking that he was going to be using some sort of medieval type instrument to widen my anus and then send a camera up it. So, I was very very apprehensive when I next went to the surgery for this appointment. The doctor looked at me and asked why I was so nervous looking. He then went on to say ' all I am going to do is put one of my fingers up your anus to check on your prostrate'. I cannot tell you the sense of relief I had when I heard this. I was so so close to telling him to knock himself out and stick a few fingers up if he wanted to, such was the relief that the medieval appliance wasn't going to come in to play.

I recall the same doctor telling me that he would need to carry out a prostrate examination on my next visit and saying something about having to go up through my anus. I hadn't taken all what he said in and was in a bit of a daze. I went home thinking that he was going to be using some sort of medieval type instrument to widen my anus and then send a camera up it. So, I was very very apprehensive when I next went to the surgery for this appointment. The doctor looked at me and asked why I was so nervous looking. He then went on to say ' all I am going to do is put one of my fingers up your anus to check on your prostrate'. I cannot tell you the sense of relief I had when I heard this. I was so so close to telling him to knock himself out and stick a few fingers up if he wanted to, such was the relief that the medieval appliance wasn't going to come in to play.

It's pretty rare for us to use the whole fist. Only if the patient really pisses us off...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

It's pretty rare for us to use the whole fist. Only if the patient really pisses us off...

Ben

Talking of which, I bought a rubber fist for a friends 40th birthday from a sex shop. She's into that sort of thing. It was quite nice really as we (a fair few friends) had also put money in to buy her a dive computer (similar to a watch for those not in the know). I put the dive computer on to the wrist of the rubber fist and then tied coloured tissue paper over the dive computer. So she opens the box and sees the rubber fist and is exctatic. Then she removes the tissue paper and goes into meltdown with delight. I had also bought a £15 dose of magic mushrooms (they were legal to buy then) for everybody present (about 12 people). What happened after that will never leave my mind - unless I get Alzheimer's or something.

Talking of which, I bought a rubber fist for a friends 40th birthday from a sex shop. She's into that sort of thing. It was quite nice really as we (a fair few friends) had also put money in to buy her a dive computer (similar to a watch for those not in the know). I put the dive computer on to the wrist of the rubber fist and then tied coloured tissue paper over the dive computer. So she opens the box and sees the rubber fist and is exctatic. Then she removes the tissue paper and goes into meltdown with delight. I had also bought a £15 dose of magic mushrooms (they were legal to buy then) for everybody present (about 12 people). What happened after that will never leave my mind - unless I get Alzheimer's or something.

Why don't I have brilliant response anecdotes like that? :(

When was that, Yog? When were 'shrooms legal to purchase?

Question: how 'easy' is it to find mushrooms at GF? It might be kind of nice to try them once...

Ben

Edited by bennyhana22

I am quite lucky in that I have quite a few holiday each year, however, they are very varied. 1-2 festivals, camping with very close friends (12 of us), Spain with the family, skiing with images, Luxury abroad trip with a friend then a few UK trips throughout the year. However, if I could only go away once per year, I would go to Glastonbury! It is clearly the best place on earth. Ben it is like no other. I'm sort of envious of your first time experiences. As for 7-8 festivals, my liver would definitely not cope!! It is very full on.

Why don't I have brilliant response anecdotes like that? :(

When was that, Yog? When were 'shrooms legal to purchase?

Question: how 'easy' is it to find mushrooms at GF? It might be kind of nice to try them once...

Ben

Hello Ben

I think it was almost exactly 10 years ago when shrooms were legal as I think the lady in question celebrated her 50th birthday about a month ago (I'm not in as much contact with her now as I was then). Yeah, you could just go into a head shop and buy them. They were even for sale on some stalls at Glastonbury.

I don't know how easy it would be to get them at Glastonbury as we've always brought our own in in years gone by. I've given up on them now as I don't really want to be that disassociated from reality any more. I've had some blasts on them though - real fun times. They can really enhance a festival experience but I'm not sure I'd advocate taking them at your first Glastonbury. That last sentence makes me feel old. I only say it because there's no real need, in my opinion, to go hallucinating on your first visit to the festival as you'll probably miss out on a lot rather than gain.

Hello Ben

I think it was almost exactly 10 years ago when shrooms were legal as I think the lady in question celebrated her 50th birthday about a month ago (I'm not in as much contact with her now as I was then). Yeah, you could just go into a head shop and buy them. They were even for sale on some stalls at Glastonbury.

I don't know how easy it would be to get them at Glastonbury as we've always brought our own in in years gone by. I've given up on them now as I don't really want to be that disassociated from reality any more. I've had some blasts on them though - real fun times. They can really enhance a festival experience but I'm not sure I'd advocate taking them at your first Glastonbury. That last sentence makes me feel old. I only say it because there's no real need, in my opinion, to go hallucinating on your first visit to the festival as you'll probably miss out on a lot rather than gain.

Sage advice, Yog - thanks :) (not a reference to the 'erbs, you understand)

Ben

Ben do you ever regret telling everyone you were of a medical persuasion?

Btw Ben you sound like a fab person who I am very much looking forward to meeting

Gosh! thanks, slodge. I'm already feeling very welcomed by the NFR NFC gang and, whilst I never had an issue with doing GF on my own, having done three previous (non-GF) festivals solo, it will be lovely to have some people to meet and chat to, and even maybe watch some stuff with.

Anyone like dancing to squelchy, bleepy, looping minimalist dance music until stupid o'clock...?

Anyone...? Hello...?

*sees blossoming NFR NFC membership evaporate*

Ben

Us oldies are safe at the meet if Ben comes along, immediate medical attention, could be interesting tho if Ben has a shroom :)

Ironically/coincidentally, depending on your perspective, February 2015 marks the 20 year anniversary of me last looking after an adult! But, what the hell, adults are just big kids, so I'll have a go at anything, me...just don't be on lots of odd grown-up medication that I know nothing about, please. And if you're bringing your kids and they get sick, I'm your man.

Ben

Gosh! thanks, slodge. I'm already feeling very welcomed by the NFR NFC gang and, whilst I never had an issue with doing GF on my own, having done three previous (non-GF) festivals solo, it will be lovely to have some people to meet and chat to, and even maybe watch some stuff with.

Anyone like dancing to squelchy, bleepy, looping minimalist dance music until stupid o'clock...?

Anyone...? Hello...?

*sees blossoming NFR NFC membership evaporate*

Ben

Been trying to get to silver Hayes but never made it either distracted of knackered.

I will get there this year and I will see a band in the Park. (I know I always say it).

No membership needed, if it was you would defiantly not need it :)

LOVELY and sunny down here ...wish i was in wagon but mum in laws getting in the way ......agggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggggg

hello ben btw

hope everyones behaving them selves out there lol

good !!!!!! top of the range old sons i drink to that

byeee

Been trying to get to silver Hayes but never made it either distracted of knackered.

I will get there this year and I will see a band in the Park. (I know I always say it).

No membership needed, if it was you would defiantly not need it :)

There's an interesting tangent to think about!

I've seen a couple of acts in Silver Hayes (not really a dance fan), and a few at The Park, but never seen Arcadia in full swing, or visited Glasto Latino. What areas are still on everybody's to-do list?

Wow, quite jealous of all the festivals that peeps are going to. Time, finances and missing the family limit my plans, but I am lucky that we can go on holidays which are a bit different, as a 'blended family'.

Back in Leeds having seen Gruff Rhys, and our cats, off back on holiday with the family tomorrow.

Sir Gumby, Glasto Latino is good, but I missed the cinema last year.